Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone gotten 5.7 to work for them successfully? It doesn't even give me the option to lookup contacts for ringers. If I assign a pic, the pic doesn't even show up, or it shows up and doesn't show the caller id. I've checked all my preferences and they are correct, has anyone experienced similar problems?
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    my lightwav nightmare has caused me to give up...reset when answering a call..doesnt matter what method use to answer. Always resets
    Odd - mine went in and is working fine...
    Charliec
    Mine was a disaster. Had to reinstall everything again . Never again.
    5.7 seems to be working okay for me.

(Knocking on wood...........)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnation25
    Has anyone gotten 5.7 to work for them successfully? It doesn't even give me the option to lookup contacts for ringers. If I assign a pic, the pic doesn't even show up, or it shows up and doesn't show the caller id. I've checked all my preferences and they are correct, has anyone experienced similar problems?
    5.7.1 is available. when you add a new ringer all you do is tap on the Lookup button and select your number from the contact. If you have other contact replacement app then the Lookup may not work.

if you dont get callid information then goto the general prefs and set the ringtone delay to 2 to 3 seconds.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Mine seems to be working fine. I'm just really using it for the ringtones though. But, I have noticed that I've been getting a few more resets on it lately.
    5.7.1 Has been working well, no resets. The only thing I just noticed is that my Area Codes don't show, yes I have it set and file is installed, any ideas?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I've noticed the area codes problem for a few versions now. Sometimes it shows sometimes it does not.

Smiley could not fix the problem. I use Treo Area Codes now.
    I had problem with LightWav also since v5.7 and 5.7.1. I think my problem was doing an install over. After deleting, reinstall (clean install) LightWav the bugs were now gone. As for the Area Code, I stop using it because it would only show up for pics and not gif.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    I tried deleting and doing a reinstall. still resets every time I answer a call.
    Sounds like a POS program! If it makes your phone reset when you answer it, why hasn't it been kicked to the curb yet? That seems like a fundamental flaw that shouldn't be tolerated... But that's just me....
    5.7.1 working here for me.

Did you try setting the Start ringtone after: setting to something other than 1?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by tymerock
    I had problem with LightWav also since v5.7 and 5.7.1. I think my problem was doing an install over. After deleting, reinstall (clean install) LightWav the bugs were now gone. As for the Area Code, I stop using it because it would only show up for pics and not gif.
    make sure you install the gifanim.prc that is included in each version.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by torifile
    Sounds like a POS program! If it makes your phone reset when you answer it, why hasn't it been kicked to the curb yet? That seems like a fundamental flaw that shouldn't be tolerated... But that's just me....
    Most likely because they, like me, paid for the program before realizing how unstable it was. I think Lightwav got less stable for me when I started having more than a handful of ringtones assigned. And for a while, I thought Toysoft was actually working on the stability problems. After enough frustration, I have kicked Lightwav to the curb and gone with Ringo, since Steve (the Ringo developer) actually tries to fix bugs.
    I have LightWav and when I have contacted them with issues they have responded.
    They always respond , thats not the issue , the bugs are never fixed.
    Maybe my response should have been more elaborate. They always respond with a fix. But, that's just my experience.
    wish they would release the version witht he fixes that they send you to the public.
    The updated versions they release have even more bugs. I gave up.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    didnt fix my issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast