Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I just found this program called "Expense Diary". I was looking for just an expense program. I did not need all the other "crap", IMO, that comes with WorldMate. But I needed a features such as being able to export to Excel, an embedded calculator to Tally up reccuring charges on a trip, and a few other features. Well I must say I found what I was looking for and more in Expense Diary. The Office Add-In feature is fantastic by leeting you import all expense data in a fairly fast and easy manner. When you are in either Excel or Word all you to do to import data is goto Tools>Import Expenses, that's it!

Here is some specs form their website:

http://www.adarian.com/STD/AEDLong.gif

Features

• Easy-to-use user interface requires almost no learning

• Can assign category, account and note to entries for better bookkeeping

• Accepts negative amounts

• Can choose any date range to view expenses

• Password protection

• Beaming of categories, accounts and currencies

• Running total is always shown on screen for easy viewing

• Shows summaries based on months, categories, accounts, ...

• Sorts entries on all possible fields

• Filters entries using advanced criteria

• Can modify or delete multiple entries at a time

• Supports global find on note text

• Up to 256 user-definable categories and accounts

• Customizable colors and table display format

• Multiple-Currency Support

Accepts entries in different currencies

• Exchange rates and currency symbols are user-definable

• Optionally converts amounts to default currency when saving

• Optionally displays amounts in default or their original currencies

• Currency converter -- Converts an amount into three other currencies in real-time

Built-in Calculator

• Lets you do some calculations before entering an amount

• Saves the time of using Graffiti to enter numbers

• Accessible almost everywhere in the program

Excel and Word Add-Ins Available (sold separately, click here for details)
    • Directly imports expenses and summary reports into Excel spreadsheet or Word document without going through a CSV file

• Optionally saves to CSV files if you still need them

Check Marks

• Each entry can be assigned with a check mark

• The meaning of the check mark is entirely up to the user, e.g., expenses that should be reimbursed, money that's borrowed from or returned by others, purchases with mail-in rebate forms to be mailed, .... anything that's worth raising a flag!

• Sorts, filters, deletes, modifies, and summarizes entries based on the state of an entry's check mark
    Last edited by NRG; 08/28/2005 at 03:56 PM.
    you can get expense from the zire 72, or it should be posted here somewhere.
    if you simply install the "lifedrive" palm desktop, notepad, voice memo & expense will all sync.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    you can get expense from the zire 72, or it should be posted here somewhere.
    if you simply install the "lifedrive" palm desktop, notepad, voice memo & expense will all sync.
    Expense will sync with Excel?
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Expense will sync with Excel?

yes, IIRC

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    But you need the LifeDrive Desktop...that's the problem.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    But you need the LifeDrive Desktop...that's the problem.
    Yep, and the Zire 72 desktop will not work either. For now this is the best thing going for us Treo peeps. You really can't beat this for 12 bucks or ****.
    Yep, and the Zire 72 desktop will not work either. For now this is the best thing going for us Treo peeps. You really can't beat this for 12 bucks or ****.
    Hang on...Expense is on the Zire72 desktop....

Give me few more minutes to see if it works.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Hang on...Expense is on the Zire72 desktop....

Give me few more minutes to see if it works.
    Let me know, cause when I tried to install it it said I had a newer version then it exits setup.
    Let me know, cause when I tried to install it it said I had a newer version then it exits setup.
    Correct. You need to delete your Desktop and then install the Zire. I'll get back to you once I've re-installed the Treo Desktop. Multitasking at the moment...

10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Correct. You need to delete your Desktop and then install the Zire. I'll get back to you once I've re-installed the Treo Desktop. Multitasking at the moment...
    Sounds good Sparky.
    Sounds good Sparky.
    Well, since I don't want to keep you waiting, I just synced (or sank?) with the Zire72 Desktop (did NOT reinstall the 650 desktop), and it worked.

Grrr....upon installing the 650 desktop, I've lost the conduit!!!

install the 650 desktop first, then install the zire72 desktop and all should be fine . when you add the zire72 desktop second it just puts in whats not there. or if you delete the 650 desktop first it will work this way too. when u delete it everything is not deleted so just install the zire ontop of whats left.
    Last edited by Franko515; 08/28/2005 at 05:27 PM.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Well, since I don't want to keep you waiting, I just synced (or sank?) with the Zire72 Desktop (did NOT reinstall the 650 desktop), and it worked.
    I downloaded the Palm Desktop for Zire 72 from the palm website. I tried to install it and i got a message, i have a newer version already on my computer. It did not install anything
    Thanks,
    Last edited by bling300c; 08/28/2005 at 05:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    install the 650 desktop first, then install the zire72 desktop and all should be fine . when you add the zire72 desktop second it just puts in whats not there
    You can't install z72 over the 650 desktop. You get an error message. I had to delete the 650 software to install the z72. I was able to sync expense Treo>z72 desktop, but not much else (pictures, etc...)

So I installed 650 over the z72 software (without deleting it first), and lost the Expense conduit.
    Last edited by Insertion; 08/28/2005 at 05:32 PM. Reason: tiepoe

16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    You can't install z72 over the 650 desktop. You get an error message. I had to delete the 650 software to install the z72. I was able to sycn expense Treo>z72 desktop, but not much else (pictures, etc...)

So I installed 650 over the z72 software (without deleting it first), and lost the Expense conduit.
    What is the name of Palm's OEM expense program, I want to try something. Is it "expense.prc"?
    What is the name of Palm's OEM expense program, I want to try something. Is it "expense.prc"?
    Yes.

I'm wondering if i can find the conduit in the Z72 install file somewhere...

from palmblvd

EDIT - RESETS WHEN I CLICK NEW
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c
    from palmblvd

EDIT - RESETS WHEN I CLICK NEW
    Try these

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...06&postcount=4

20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    That's the ones I grabbed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast