1.    #1  
    This thing came with 0 direcection and just the screw with the black "rubber" gasket and nylon washer. Should both the black gasket and the nylon washer be left on when screwed in? The Nylon washer won't allow the clip to work well when the screw is really tightened.
    Quote Originally Posted by lnichols
    This thing came with 0 direcection and just the screw with the black "rubber" gasket and nylon washer. Should both the black gasket and the nylon washer be left on when screwed in? The Nylon washer won't allow the clip to work well when the screw is really tightened.
    I just screwed mine in as was and only hand tightened. So far, the screw stays in place and there is no problem with clip interference. I have a tendency to overtighten, but this setup doesn't seem to require it.
    David
    Be carefull with hand screwing it in. I did that, then I played some golf. The swinigng on my belt during the round of golf must have caused enough friction to loosen the screw. when I got home, the whole thing fell off my belt and onto my concrete driveway.

I had the screw still stuck to my belt, but my rhinoskin encased treo 650 was skidding accross the driveway. Luckily, the treo escaped unscathed.

So, I screwed in the screw with a screwdriver, and then tightened with pliars (as much as I could without risking stripping the hole's threads). Then I applied a little crazy glue around the screw so that regular motion would not slowly loosen things. Then I had trouble also mounting it to my beltclip, so I filed down the washer/glue with my wife's nailfile and now things work great! I sure wish that the little clippost was welded to the case though, and that the clip was metal rather than plastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster
    Be carefull with hand screwing it in. I did that, then I played some golf. The swinigng on my belt during the round of golf must have caused enough friction to loosen the screw. when I got home, the whole thing fell off my belt and onto my concrete driveway.

I had the screw still stuck to my belt, but my rhinoskin encased treo 650 was skidding accross the driveway. Luckily, the treo escaped unscathed.

So, I screwed in the screw with a screwdriver, and then tightened with pliars (as much as I could without risking stripping the hole's threads). Then I applied a little crazy glue around the screw so that regular motion would not slowly loosen things. Then I had trouble also mounting it to my beltclip, so I filed down the washer/glue with my wife's nailfile and now things work great! I sure wish that the little clippost was welded to the case though, and that the clip was metal rather than plastic.
    Thanks for the input - I'll keep an eye on it. So far, so good...
    David