Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by robbalazs
    I don't think it was a sale, the $6.27 was a MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION to use the software. Acousticbiker, check your confirmation email and it will indicate that the $6.27 is a monthly charge. Pretty underhanded scheme from Handango, glad to see that it is gone.
    Thanks for looking out for me, robbalazs, but I do not see where a monthly fee is indicated. I checked my Handango account online and the confirmation email that I received. Nowhere does it mention any monthly fee. Now when I search for CityID on Handango, I no longer see it for $6.27. Do you have a link that shows me otherwise?
    Huh. I bought City ID for $6.27 also...and feel like I have been duped. I wrote Handango an email requesting a refund based on several reasons...

1. I am unable to register this software using the code Handango gave me. Each time I do it, I get a "Server Busy" error and my Treo totally freezes. Solution = soft reset.

2. The item was mis-represented. Online, it clearly said $4.95, when I checked out, it was suddenly $6.27. Bait and switch. I went ahead and purchased it anyway.

3. Now I hear that the $6.27 is a MONTHLY charge? Yeah, right. No way buddy.

I just assume call the whole thing off. It is cool and all, but no way worth more than a one-time charge of $5-$10. That's it.

I feel like I've been duped by Handango. I'll let you know if they respond to my request for a refund. I'm not holding my breath, as they never responded to my inquiry about the price discrepancy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Huh. I bought City ID for $6.27 also...and feel like I have been duped. I wrote Handango an email requesting a refund based on several reasons...

1. I am unable to register this software using the code Handango gave me. Each time I do it, I get a "Server Busy" error and my Treo totally freezes. Solution = soft reset.

2. The item was mis-represented. Online, it clearly said $4.95, when I checked out, it was suddenly $6.27. Bait and switch. I went ahead and purchased it anyway.

3. Now I hear that the $6.27 is a MONTHLY charge? Yeah, right. No way buddy.

I just assume call the whole thing off. It is cool and all, but no way worth more than a one-time charge of $5-$10. That's it.

I feel like I've been duped by Handango. I'll let you know if they respond to my request for a refund. I'm not holding my breath, as they never responded to my inquiry about the price discrepancy.
    eric, i haven't been able to verify robbalazs' comment and I don't see any indication of a monthly fee on my documentation. Second, I had the same experience with pricing: showed $4.95 then became $6.27. Lastly, I had the same problem activating the software. I emailed Cequint (the company that makes CityID) and told them about it. They were very responsive and sent me a copy that didn't need online activation. I've got an email out to them asking them about this whole monthly fee thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    eric, i haven't been able to verify robbalazs' comment and I don't see any indication of a monthly fee on my documentation. Second, I had the same experience with pricing: showed $4.95 then became $6.27. Lastly, I had the same problem activating the software. I emailed Cequint (the company that makes CityID) and told them about it. They were very responsive and sent me a copy that didn't need online activation. I've got an email out to them asking them about this whole monthly fee thing.
    Thanks for the reply. I just emailed Cequient as well. Sounds like Handango doesn't have it's act together here. Hoping for a resolution (And not a bill for $18.68).
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Thanks for the reply. I just emailed Cequient as well. Sounds like Handango doesn't have it's act together here. Hoping for a resolution (And not a bill for $18.68).
    FYI, Lightwav and mp3Ringer comes with North America area codes for free when you buy it. check it out at www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    This is all too strange. Below is copied directly from the activation email:

"From: Orders@handango.com
    Date: Friday, Sep 23, 2005 1:16 pm
    Subject: Your Handango Order #nnnnnnn - Software Activation Information Included

Dear Robert M,

Thank you for your order! Your Order Reference Number is nnnnnnn. Please save this email for your records, as it contains important purchase and software activation information. If you need assistance, please see below.

DOWNLOADABLE SOFTWARE PURCHASE

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    PRODUCT: 173379 - City ID - Enhanced Caller ID
    QUANTITY: 1
    PRICE: $6.27

PRODUCT SUPPORT: support@cequint.com

Registration Key: nnnnnnnnnnRegistration Note: Once you have downloaded and installed your software, use the registration key above to unlock the full version of the software.

YOU HAVE PURCHASED A SUBSCRIPTION PRODUCT For more details about subscription products, including policy information and instructions on how to cancel your subscription, please see http://www.handango.com/Subscription...=none&siteId=1.

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

When contacting Handango Customer Support regarding this order, always use this Reference Number: nnnnnnn

To download your software again, click on the link below and enter the email address used at the time of purchase and the Order Reference Number above: https://www.handango.com/MyLogin.jsp.

Handango Customer Support: http://www.handango.com/CustomerSupport.jsp
    To review Handango Return/Refund policy click here: http://www.handango.com/ReturnPolicy.jsp

Handango Customer Support Fax Line: 817-548-2182
    International Customer Fax Line: +1-817-548-2182

Just saw this software on sale at Palmgear. Has anyone had any other issues other than those listed above.
    i just bought astraware sudoku and cityid from handango.
    sudoku registered fine.

the stupid gopass software runs everytime i try to get the cityid registered.
    after several back and forths handago forwarded me to the developer. i don't believe it's the developer's fault.

i willno purchase from handango again. they WERE good before this whole gopass scam thing. it's unclear if you are subscribing for their discount package or not.

it does read 'subscribe' when you enter the information to register the software. and am i being billed everytime it connects to the server and fails?

to add insult to injury, their email field in the registration software for gopass does not allow enough characters for my email address.

and why do i have to save a credit card when i order from handango?
    you must to create an account. it's especially absurd with the amount of identity theft these days.

oh, and it said city id was $4.95 but it showed up in the cart as $9.95. sketchy...

on to my question...how do i remove these read only files?
    launcher x will nto allow me to mark them as not read only.
    any suggestions?

HandangoLauncher
    HandangoLauncher_enUS
    HandangoLauncher_VRZW
    HandangoLauncher_VRZW_enUS
    I'm not sure if this was caused by CityID but...I have Takephone set to use our local area code as default if no area code is specified and it had always worked. But on our first out of state trip after installing CityID the area code was no longer being added when I made calls home. Any one else notice this?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I like this app, but am having some of the same issues reported here.

Got an e-mail from tech support stating city/state should show on outgoing calls, but doesn't. My trial period expired today even though I d/l today and it's supposed to last 5 days. He also mentioned possible incompatibility with some apps, but also said they do not keep track of these. Bad move.
    Any updates on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    Got an e-mail from tech support stating city/state should show on outgoing calls, but doesn't. My trial period expired today even though I d/l today and it's supposed to last 5 days. He also mentioned possible incompatibility with some apps, but also said they do not keep track of these. Bad move.
    For what it's worth, city/state show on all my outgoing calls, so maybe it is incompatibility with another app. I do not use TakePhone.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I don't use TP either, so not sure what it could be. Tech support suggested Butler could be the problem, but been too lazy figure what the issue is. The outgoing calls showed up once, then never again. Not a huge deal...It's more important for me to know for incoming then outgoing.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12