1.    #1  
    I'm on my second VZW Treo650. There is one problem that I have seen on both units: very infrequently the # key gets "stuck". I put "stuck" in quotes because it is not a hardware issue. As you know, even if you hold down a key while using the phone, it only sounds for a fraction of a second. But every once in a while, when using a phone tree or checking voicemail, I hit the # key and it never stops sounding. If I hang up and try again it usually does it again. Even after a soft reset it may continue. Then it just stops and I'm again able to use the # key again for no apparent reason Has anyone seen this? I was so mad last week about this that I had VZW send me another phone, but the replacement is a refurb and I'd rather not use it unless this second phone is lemon.

Can anyone explain this?
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone
    I'm on my second VZW Treo650. There is one problem that I have seen on both units: very infrequently the # key gets "stuck". I put "stuck" in quotes because it is not a hardware issue. As you know, even if you hold down a key while using the phone, it only sounds for a fraction of a second. But every once in a while, when using a phone tree or checking voicemail, I hit the # key and it never stops sounding. If I hang up and try again it usually does it again. Even after a soft reset it may continue. Then it just stops and I'm again able to use the # key again for no apparent reason Has anyone seen this? I was so mad last week about this that I had VZW send me another phone, but the replacement is a refurb and I'd rather not use it unless this second phone is lemon.

Can anyone explain this?
    Sorry I can't explain it but something similar happened to me. When entering the first Version voice mail code number, the tone for that key just continues. I could enter all the numbers and the # key ok.
    Then every 5 to 10 minutes a boop boop sound eminates from the phones. It's not a sound I use for ring tones or alarms or anything else. Eventually I did a soft reset and all if ok for now. Very annoying.
    My Unbranded GSM 650 does the same thing after the update.

I just use the onscreen keypad, rather than the physical # button.

It's a pain, but I'm slowly losing my affinity for the Treo 650 anyhow.
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness