Hi, in Mac OS X 10.4.2,
    after pairing my Cingular Treo 650, I only get
    OBEX Object Push as a Device Service (listed under Bluetooth Preferences). I suspect the limited Services is why iSync doesn't sync with the Treo 650 as a "phone" without resorting to HotSync and the iSync conduit to sync as a "PDA."

However, my little unlocked T-Mobile Sony Ericsson T610 has the following
    Device Services: OBEX File Transfer, Dial-up Networking, Voice gateway, Serial Port 1, Serial Port 2, OBEX Object Push, IrMC Synchronization, HF Voice gateway, OBEX Basic Imaging. That's a lot!

Any chance of more Bluetooth Device Services being enabled on my Treo? Will this change when I unlock the phone? If not, if I unlock the phone can I change its ROM to use the unlocked GSM firmware? And once I do this will my phone still work with Cingular and its proprietary services (like EDGE, MediaNet, Xpress Mail, etc.)?

--Peter

P.S. Is TreoCentral and MyTreo.net the same?
    re: pcjr

I have the unlocked T650 (bought that way, not an unlocked carrier specific model). I am running firmware 1.31 & software Treo650-1.13-ROW. My Powerbook (running Mac OS X 10.4.2) also only shows "OBEX Object Push" as an available service on the phone. This leads me to believe that you will not get these other services simply by unlocking the phone.

I don't know what services were available on my SE T616, but I do know that it had far better integration with my Mac.

Question for those more knowledgable: can these services be added/enabled? Do they require a new firmware? Is there already a group/movement/petition to get Palm to add these additional profiles?
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pcjr
    Any chance of more Bluetooth Device Services being enabled on my Treo? Will this change when I unlock the phone?
    Technically there is one more Bluetooth Device Service called DUN (Dial-up Networking) that is now available in the new Sprint/Cingular/Unlocked GSM firmware.

It is being discussed here.

You may want to take a look at post 20 for specific information on enabling this Bluetooth Service.

Other than that, I am not aware of any other Bluetooth profiles that are available under the current T650 Bluetooth Stack.
    Last edited by spiVeyx; 08/30/2005 at 05:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcjr

P.S. Is TreoCentral and MyTreo.net the same?
    No. But you will see a lot of the same people on both forums.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."