Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The public release of v10 Agendus Beta is located here.

Please review all of the features etc for the program.

Most of us Treo 650 user's will find that it's geared towards our devices.

If you actively participate in the beta, you can receive a free copy of the program.

Other upgrade options are detailed in the Forum as I noted.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Does it work on the Treo 600?
    MadSuburbanDad
    Diary of a Mad Suburban Dad
    Selected "Best of MSN" Website
  3.    #3  
    Yes, although we have no one using a Treo in the IFT Forum so you might want to download the beta and report any issues.

You need to be aware that the alpha is run on simulator's for just about every Palm OS platform but sometimes "real" testing is needed to find any glitches.
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    Yes, although we have no one using a Treo in the IFT Forum so you might want to download the beta and report any issues.

You need to be aware that the alpha is run on simulator's for just about every Palm OS platform but sometimes "real" testing is needed to find any glitches.

I downloaded the beta..been playing with the darn thing for over an hour...am a little frustrated right now so am going to bed, anyway, my T600 has experienced so many resets in the last hour it needs a break too.

Am hoping to play with this beta some more tomorrow. Most of what I see is nice and if I could get it all to function properly I would really like it, of course I'm an Agendus fan and owner...lets hope that tomorrow brings a better view of things.

For anyone else who is planning on installing the beta.....BACKUP FIRST!!!!!!!!!
    Runs fine so far on my 650. Haven't tried all the features yet,though.
  6.    #6  
    In order to run the beta you must be an existing Agendus user and you'll download only the main prc file. Backup your existing ActNames.prc file.

We have not experienced any data loss on any of the alpha testers. But don't forget that sometimes a beta will hang a device.

You can normally do a warm reset (hold down the up key while doing a soft pin reset) until you get to the launcher screen or dial pad screen. Then you can delete just the Actnames.prc and soft reset and then typically you can reinstall either the beta file or your old file without further issue.

Of course, if you get into that situation - please report it to the beta site.
    Moose Man
    Is there a Treo optimizied view of the Iambic forums? It sure would make it easier to post beta feedback.
    In order to run the beta you must be an existing Agendus user and you'll download only the main prc file. Backup your existing ActNames.prc file.
    Woops. Missed that requirement. I thought that was just a suggestion.

I haven't used Agendus for years (been a registered Datebook user) however these improvements got me interested again. I thought I'd beta test it to see if it is compelling enough to switch and to help in the proveout.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster
    Woops. Missed that requirement. I thought that was just a suggestion.

I haven't used Agendus for years (been a registered Datebook user) however these improvements got me interested again. I thought I'd beta test it to see if it is compelling enough to switch and to help in the proveout.
    You should be able to download a trial of version 9 and then download the beta and have it work. There is a trial code for the beta that's good to the 26 of Sept.

The beta is just the main prc file and doesn't include some of the other support files so that's why you'll need v9 on board first...sorry about the confusion.
    Moose Man
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory J
    Is there a Treo optimizied view of the Iambic forums? It sure would make it easier to post beta feedback.

http://mobileforums.iambic.com

You can give the above a try - I'm at the desktop now and trust me you don't want to load the mobile edition via I.E. It resets your cookies and then you lose the added features of the main Forum so....you should be able to access the beta under the Palm OS Forum at the above via your Treo.
    Moose Man
  11.    #11  
    One more thing - I'm going on vacation so if you've got further questions - my fellow Iambic Forum Team Members (we are just heavy users and not employee's of Iambic) can help you over at the Iambic sites.
    Moose Man
    OK working so far....now one stupid question, will this off the SD card via ZLauncher?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  13.    #13  
    No, and the reason is Agendus uses the default PIM application databases in ROM and as such must maintain "live" connection to those databases in order to work properly.

It's unfortunate but most programs that use the default ROM databases must maintain that connectivity.

I typically run MobileDD off the SD card via Zlauncher as well as some others.
    Moose Man
    No, and the reason is Agendus uses the default PIM application databases in ROM and as such must maintain "live" connection to those databases in order to work properly.

It's unfortunate but most programs that use the default ROM databases must maintain that connectivity.
    This is especially true of programs that work with appointments and alarms. Some will run from RAM but woe is the person that expects the alarms to wake them up when the program isn't running in the foreground.
    You should be able to download a trial of version 9 and then download the beta and have it work. There is a trial code for the beta that's good to the 26 of Sept.

The beta is just the main prc file and doesn't include some of the other support files so that's why you'll need v9 on board first...sorry about the confusion.
    If I feel like living a little dangerously I will give it a try next week. I'd like what I see on the example screens...especially the Today (I'm running a separate 2day program) and the search engine (similar to DA but I'm not so sure about dumping into Blazer.) The contact info is especially powerful and interesting.
  16.    #16  
    The Voice memo and note sketch added as attachments to Meetings and Tasks out of the box - to me makes it very useful.

Those two features for Contacts and regular memos - are being reviewed to see if they can be added to the finished product as well.

And the voice memos - can be saved to the SD for storage.

Program is fairly stable on my Cingular 650. A few resets but we've been working with it for two weeks prior to the public beta.

The public beta will reveal a lot of other stuff.

Worst case scenario I've had was to do a Warm reset to get to the launcher , then delete the ActNames.prc, soft reset to clear the preferences and then reinstall. Back on track.

It does have a way to go and it is a beta so just bare that in mind.
    Moose Man
    just installed it and now it crashed, been using 9 for a while dont know why it crashed, oh well
    Quote Originally Posted by kermalou
    just installed it and now it crashed, been using 9 for a while dont know why it crashed, oh well
    It crashed because 10.0 is a buggy beta. That's why it's in the "beta" stage...so real users can discover where it's broken, and the developers can fix it.

FWIW, I had the beta for 2 days before being forced to return to version 9.06. I like the new features, and would love to help out testing bugs, etc, but I have too much critical data on my 650 to poke around with software that crashes my Treo 10-15 times a day.

I do anticipate and look forward to a more stable version, however.
    I've been playing with the beta quite a bit today, and have had no problems with it so far. Agendus Pro really is top notch.

I can't wait for the final version to come out. Well worth the wait.

Are there any features I should avoid for this release? I'm hoping not to go back to 9. All is looking fine for now though.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I've been using the beta for about a week now without any significant problems. I installed it over v9 and it caused frequent resets even when I wasnt using the product. I deleted it and installed 10 fresh. No issues now. They've had a new beta file almost everyday. I've upgraded to most of them without any problems. Only a couple of minor issues. The new features are great and its so much easier to use one handed on the treo!
    JayJ
    -----
    PalmPilot Pro ->
    Palm III ->
    Treo 270 ->
    Treo 650 ->
    Treo 755p ->
    Palm Pre Plus
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast