1.    #1  
    I've had a Treo 650 for a couple days, and for a device with so many buttons, I've found it surprisingly difficult and unintuitive to navigate. I hate using the stylus and prefer to stay away from the touchscreens, and this leaves me with the following puzzles:

1. I don't see a lot of consistency to pages in terms of how to navigate between fields, get to the "OK/Cancel" keys at the bottom, etc. Sometimes you go sideways, sometimes down, and sometimes (like in Documents to Go) you have to get there by hitting "Select." I am not aware of any quick, generic way to "OK/Cancel" a screen (like you can do on a phone with soft keys), other than using the touch pad.

2. Partly because I find navigation difficult, my ideal situation would be to have a shortcut to get from anywhere to anywhere--including not just apps but documents. I wish there were some equivalent of Windows's "recent documents" thingy, or an equivalent of the feature a lot of phones have where there's a dedicated "shortcut" key and you can hit that followed by any key to get anywhere, no matter what screen you're on. The closest I've come on the existing OS is going to the Phone screen, then holding down a shortcut key, but that only works for apps, not docs.

I've made some good progress with ZLauncher: the QuickLaunch is key (although it also works only for apps, not docs), and adding a tab for Word-created files has mitigated the docs problems. But I would like the thing to be even more convenient; I still spend a lot of time puzzling over how to get from A to B or how to quickly exit or confirm a screen. Does anyone have any tips? I already have ZLauncher and would am open to any 3rd-party software that might add the features I'm looking for (instant access from anywhere to favorite and/or recent docs as well as apps; quicker/better general navigation on screens with "Done/Cancel" buttons).

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf-12
    1. I don't see a lot of consistency to pages in terms of how to navigate between fields, get to the "OK/Cancel" keys at the bottom, etc. Sometimes you go sideways, sometimes down, and sometimes (like in Documents to Go) you have to get there by hitting "Select." I am not aware of any quick, generic way to "OK/Cancel" a screen (like you can do on a phone with soft keys), other than using the touch pad.
    All I gotta say about this is you'll get used to the vertical/horizontal navigation. Oh yea, and when your cursor/hilighter is at the top left of the page, and you see the "OK" or "Cancel" buttons at the bottom, DON'T BE AFRAID TO USE YOUR THUMB. I try to use the touchscreen as little as possoble, but there are times where it makes since to just use my thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf-12
    2. Partly because I find navigation difficult, my ideal situation would be to have a shortcut to get from anywhere to anywhere--including not just apps but documents. I wish there were some equivalent of Windows's "recent documents" thingy, or an equivalent of the feature a lot of phones have where there's a dedicated "shortcut" key and you can hit that followed by any key to get anywhere, no matter what screen you're on. The closest I've come on the existing OS is going to the Phone screen, then holding down a shortcut key, but that only works for apps, not docs.
    Try Butler's K-Launch. It works exactly like you've already set your favorites up as....except you don't have to press the green phone button before the letter. Just hold M for memo (regardless of what app you're in), T for TCPMP, etc.

Hope that helps you out.