1.    #1  
    I hang the case from my belst, but rubbing of any sort (including the belt-clip) discolors certain leather colors. Examples attached.

I e-mailed Vaja with the hope of getting the exact dye to re-color the case.. but no deal. They buy pre-dyed leather from their suppliers. So, if you are really really picky about the case appearance.. be careful with how you use it!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Have the same Grey on the front same issue, Looks well used though
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Search google for leather paint and you'll find a site woth a bunch of different colors specifically for leather. I forgot the site but I found one that had them at a great price.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  4.    #4  
    I'm afraid of color mismatch, either in the corners or overall (if I end up painting the whole back side...

I'll live with the personalization of the case .. much like a well-worn holster. I was surprised that this happened so quickly, though..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Have you tried leather cleaner to see if that helps? It won't restore the color, but it might help protect from further deterioration.
  6. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Have you tried leather cleaner to see if that helps? It won't restore the color, but it might help protect from further deterioration.
    I had the same thing going on with my iVolution case for my Treo 600. Leather cleaner was no help. I think I let it go too long before cleaning and the oil and dirt build up was a problem.

On my T66 for my Treo 650 I made it a point to clean the case weekly with a damp cloth and the results were much better.
  7.    #7  
    I tried leather cleaners, and that does restore the shine and makes the case look better. However, the marks in my pictures are feom the top colored layer wearing away from rubbing. No way to fix that except by dyeing it...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Shoe polish dye. I'd recommend black, since that is the underlying color.
    Personally I think the wear gives it character.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Go to http://www.leatherique.com

Get the leather dye in this color: http://www.gahh.com/sample/SampleColors/0438.htm

From what I hear, Leatherique stuff is great.
    My Vaja is similarly beaten up but my Treo's perfect
    Treo 650 Wireless Headset
    Was there any water damage to this case?
  12.    #12  
    No. Nothing beyond a few drops of rain. It wasn't submerged or anything like that.

I think people will luck out if the color of their choice is on a leather that has a base color similar to the outside color. In my case, the darker grey has been applied on a black leather base. That black is showing where the grey color is wearing off.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Hmm, in looking at these pics, I suspect it may be worth it to get light colors (was thinking white front, grey back on T65).

Do the light colors get dirty (especially around the earpiece?).
  14.    #14  
    The fron to f my case is Caterina lilac-gray (almost looks like very light cream/grey) and that is fine. I even keep the case+treo face down at night (to hide the flashing LED or the screen coming on as it does sometimes on timed events).

The back of the case is steel-gray. That is the one wearing out.

I agree that lighter shades are less likely to have a color difference between the top color and the base leather color.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Hmm, in looking at these pics, I suspect it may be worth it to get light colors (was thinking white front, grey back on T65).

Do the light colors get dirty (especially around the earpiece?).
    I have two T65 cases, one with a Caterina lilac-grey front and the other with a steel grey front. The Lilac-grey gets dirty quicker but the steel grey tends to show oils more, so I guess it's a toss up. As long as you regularly use a leather cleaner and conditioner, your case should be fine. Just don't wait until the case is too dirty to start using the leather products and don't apply too much pressure when cleaning.
  16.    #16  
    As long as you regularly use a leather cleaner and conditioner, your case should be fine. Just don't wait until the case is too dirty to start using the leather products and don't apply too much pressure when cleaning.
    I agree. People, your case color may not be the "native" color of the leather, but a dye applied on top of a different base color.

If you rub too hard with any cleaner, (or as in my case, rub from daily use hanging on the belt), the top color will rub off. Your hope is that the base color is similar to the top color.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I personally will NEVER buy another "High Priced" Vaja case! They look pretty and provide good user functionalty, but as far as my 650 dropping out of the case, I'll pass on any future Vaja cases! Just had to buy another one (through retention) as my 650 was soooooo done after that awful drop.
    TreoBoss: Sorry to hear about your drops. Mine is in really tight and it takes some errot to get the Treo out. This is my second T65 cases and this is the case with both. Did you frequently remove your Treo from the case? I'm wondering if that cause the leather to get loose.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    TreoBoss: Sorry to hear about your drops. Mine is in really tight and it takes some errot to get the Treo out. This is my second T65 cases and this is the case with both. Did you frequently remove your Treo from the case? I'm wondering if that cause the leather to get loose.
    I sure did remove it, especially after all the "hard resets" I had to go through in the beginning. Besides, nothing in the Vaja instructions state that frequent removal of the Treo would cause the case to loosen
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoBoss
    I personally will NEVER buy another "High Priced" Vaja case! They look pretty and provide good user functionalty, but as far as my 650 dropping out of the case, I'll pass on any future Vaja cases! Just had to buy another one (through retention) as my 650 was soooooo done after that awful drop.
    While the case looks great when newish, and really like the "style" of the case, I probaly won't buy another either, at $120 you would think the leather would hold up better after only 6 months, and my Treo would not fall out as with TreoBoss! (Mine has just not broken yet)

I do not take it out its case for charging etc it just seems the leather has "stretched"