1.    #1  
    This morning, I was checking the doppler radar using the NOAA site, which uses Java for animating the images.

www.srh.noaa.gov/port/radloophr2.php?radar=kiln

I guess Blazer and Java together was too much for the OS. I did not check the NVFS cache values, but shortly afterwards, the phone would not make any outgoing calls, nor would it recieve any calls. The signal shows "No Service" and did not connect to Cingular despite switching the radio off-on.

After a soft reset, things were back to normal. I'm blaming Java.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    umm.. Blazer doesn't support Java applets. Blazer only supports -some- Javascript. So choose your terms carefully.

Java != Javascript they are two different things. That page uses Javascript to manipulate the images.

I'd say, yes...images THAT big being swapped around by THAT much javascript would probably make Blazer puke pretty hard.
  3.    #3  
    The http://javatester.org/version.html page opened in Blazer does show a lack of Java. You are correct in your statement.

The NOAA page would not animate before I installed JVM. Mayve it was a coincidence and the hiccup I had was one of the usual Treo things...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A