Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    I just downloaded PDAnet as suggested over at another site.

It works great, set itself up automatically and connected on 1st try.

But my old 7135 came with a modem program on the CD (can't see why Treo couldn't have included the same for free).

I don't mind paying for good software but for $34.95 it's steep in price for a download. But if I have to pay for it, PDAnet is still cheap insurance if one has to connect a laptop to the net in a pinch.

But before I pay for it does anyone know of cheaper software out there to do the same as PDAnet?

And when does PDAnet ask me to pay for my download?

Thx
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    shadowmites BT hack works (free) but it requires your laptop to have bluetooth and is significantly slower than pdanet which I use regularly on verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by Expidia

But my old 7135 came with a modem program on the CD (can't see why Treo couldn't have included the same for free).

I don't mind paying for good software but for $34.95 it's steep in price for a download. But if I have to pay for it, PDAnet is still cheap insurance if one has to connect a laptop to the net in a pinch.

But before I pay for it does anyone know of cheaper software out there to do the same as PDAnet?

Thx
    1 4 D A Y S ............................................
    Last edited by chckhbrt; 08/27/2005 at 09:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Expidia

Thx
    I used to use the 7135's built in modem, but it was slow as hell. 19k, I believe. PdaNet shows faster than 150k, so quite a difference. The 7135's required using minutes whereas PdaNet uses the data plan, so if you're unlimited, you don't have to worry about it. I believe I was asked to pay for it after two weeks. First program I bought for the 650, and love it. My biggest problem is having National Access where I need it.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Thx for both of your replies . . . I guess I'll buy it when the two weeks are up! The first poster said bluetooth was slower. I was thinking of getting the BT usb adapter for my notebook but not if it's going to be slower then the hotsync cable. I was just going to ask this before I saw your replies.
    So I take it I'm better off with the cable when using PDAnet?
    Last edited by Expidia; 08/27/2005 at 10:27 AM.