1.    #1  
    I can't seem to get Snap to work on my 650. I created the Palm/programs/snap directory on the SD card first but if it is capturing screen shots, they are no where to be found on the Treo. Anyone have advice with Snap or alternative app.
    Are you sure Snap is capturing (does it beep twice)?

Snap won't run if installed to the SD card (without the use of 3rd party launchers.. I don't know anything about them).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    What are you using to look for the .bmp's? If you're just trying to view using the Picture Viewer, you won't find then, since Snap doesn't save them in the default DCIM directory.

You need to move them using FileZ or Resco.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    you can just palce snap in memory its only 10.7KB. when you run snap it automatically creates the needed directories on the card
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    And I'd suggest using the Power (red phone button) key for taking the snaps. The buttons listed in Snap don't match 1 for 1 with the treo hard buttons
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Snap works fine for me, but I'd like an alternative that writes to a jpg rather than a bmp.

Or a converter that can convert from bmp to jpg directly on the treo would do!
    Quote Originally Posted by DTom
    Snap works fine for me, but I'd like an alternative that writes to a jpg rather than a bmp.

Or a converter that can convert from bmp to jpg directly on the treo would do!
    Resco Viewer can read both formats - you mey be able to change formats on a "save as", I haven't tried that.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad