1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if the 650 can be set to auto answer while using the wired headset? I know how to do it for the blue tooth headset---that does not seem to work for a wired headset. Would be nice to be able to set it to answer after 1 or 2 rings automatically or on a voice command.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scott407
    Does anyone know if the 650 can be set to auto answer while using the wired headset? I know how to do it for the blue tooth headset---that does not seem to work for a wired headset. Would be nice to be able to set it to answer after 1 or 2 rings automatically or on a voice command.

Thanks
    A catch 22. You can only activate voice command via headset only if it is a wired unit. Auto answer only works on bluetooth headsets.

Only exception to the activating voice command via bluetooth headset, is if the bluetooth headset has a separate module that plugs into the Treo 2.5 mm jack, like a wired headset. Such as a Scala 500 bt headset. It comes with that extra module. The headset communicates with bt only to the module. Not the phones bt stack.

It won't auto answer either if using that module attached to the 2.5 mm jack.

Chuck
    This may be one of those RTFM type things, but I didn't realize that you could make a bluetooth headset auto-answer. How is this done?
    RTFM.........

Or go to Prefs -> Handsfree and enable it
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scott407

Thanks
    You can with Freedom installed. you can tell Freedom to auto answer from 1 to 8 seconds after the ringtone. get from at www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    RTFM.........

Or go to Prefs -> Handsfree and enable it

Only works for blue tooth. does not affect the wired headset
  7.    #7  
    only works for blue tooth. does not work for wired headset.
    Right. I was responding to the other guy asking how to do it with a BT headset.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  9.    #9  
    thanks that should do it

scott