Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I am looking for some review information, I did a search on T|C and diddnt find any direct comparisons.

    I own DateBk5 and have been fairly happy with it, but I was reviewing an offer for Agendus, that included a free upgrade to v10, and saw that it seems to cover more ground. Also, I like the opportunity to do Agendus in Outlook. PLus Iambic seems to have a sales app that I have heard very little about, how does it work, if anyone knows?

    Soooooo...

    What I am looking for is to hear from users who have used both. What are the advantages/disadvanteges, Best/worst features?

    Does one work better with TakePhone? are there any incompatabilities?

    Basics - T650 Cing (latest firmware), TakePhone, ZLauncher, DateBk5

    usage - heavy data (email), scheduling and sales type stuff. lots of calls using HS850 BT set.

    ART
  2. #2  
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3. rsperko's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #3  
    I used Agendus for years and recently switched to DateBk5. The reason I choose Agendus was to integrate contacts with todos and calendar entries. While it does that fairly well, I was bothered by the fact that I could not see undated todos with due todos in some of the screens including the Today screen.

    Then in researching Getting Things Done I found that DateBk5 supports saved views. This means that I can have certain categories of todos visible at different times. In addition I can beam categories of calendar entries to another palm. This allows me to share my calendar with my wife very easily.

    I would like better contact integration in DateBk5, but with TakePhone it is less important than it used to be.

    Just my $0.02.
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

    visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
  4. #4  
    I was ready to buy Agendus, but at that time folks were having stability problems with Treo 650s. I took a look at DateBk5 and jumped all over it. Fabulous, love it to death. I can't offer any critique of Agendus, but I do recall heading that a later version fixed all the compatibility problems.
  5. #5  
    Remember to visit
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pimlicodatebk/
    for discussions about datebk5, including with the developer.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  6. #6  
    I've been happy with Agendus, but must admit I do not use half the bells &whistles that came with it. I have not had any compatibility problems with my Treo 600.

    56734
    MadSuburbanDad
    Diary of a Mad Suburban Dad
    Selected "Best of MSN" Website
  7. #7  
    I've used both, and keep going back to Agendus. One of the things that I find to be very valuable is Agendus' use of templates; I like being able to create a new appointment with a full set of parameters.

    I also prefer Agendus' set of views over Datebook's. In version 10, there are even more view choices, and you can preset the view you'd like to use each time you cycle thru the hardware button. For example, I now see a day at a glance, then a week-at-a-glance (other choices in this set are 5-day, multi-day in a list, and I believe another), then month-at-a-glance (there are several choices here as well), and then a multi-day view.

    I also prefer Agendus' method of setting start & ending times, and the new beta's method is even better. Datebook doesn't allow me to set a default appt. duration, while Agendus does; almost all Nashville studio recording sessions are 3 hours, so this is a really useful setting for me.

    Agendus has a much better use of color, which makes it easy to use the calendar views.

    I've never had any stability problems on any of my Palms, including my Treo 650, which seems to like Agendus just fine. The beta has been rock-solid for me so far too, but I just started using it.

    I own both programs, but keep coming back to Agendus.

    Bob
    Last edited by longterm; 08/28/2005 at 12:24 PM.
  8. #8  
    Bob,

    The beta (10) of Agendus is 'rock solid' on your 650? Man, I must have some serious conflicting apps or something because the beta resets very frequently on my Sprint 650. It was so bad I had to revert back to 9.06.

    Maybe I'll try the next release.
  9. eKeith's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsperko
    ... Agendus... I was bothered by the fact that I could not see undated todos with due todos in some of the screens including the Today screen.
    Exactly! I consider this to be such a basic requirement that I can't understand why such a developed agenda application is without it!

    Quote Originally Posted by rsperko
    I would like better contact integration in DateBk5...
    Ditto! I've been using DateBk since the DateBk3 days but I hate it when I suffer "Invalid Links". Other than that DateBk is great.

    If Agendus can include undated to do's as described, I'd seriously check it out again...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  10. rsperko's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #10  
    I prefer DateBk5's templates to Agendus'. I never bothered with Vivid Agendus, but I do like the colors in DateBk5. For me it is also great that I can override alarms for certain categories. For example I have my wife's calendar merged with mine, but her appts do not trigger alarms. Her entries are all a light purple so that I can see that I don't have anything scheduled, but I might need to be home for our son.

    My only problem with DateBk5 is that it has very complicated preferences. Things can be a bit inconsistently named or located. It feels more developer oriented than user oriented. Agendus has more polish, but is bloated and does not get the job done for me.
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

    visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by longterm
    I've used both, and keep going back to Agendus. One of the things that I find to be very valuable is Agendus' use of templates; I like being able to create a new appointment with a full set of parameters.

    I also prefer Agendus' set of views over Datebook's. In version 10, there are even more view choices, and you can preset the view you'd like to use each time you cycle thru the hardware button. For example, I now see a day at a glance, then a week-at-a-glance (other choices in this set are 5-day, multi-day in a list, and I believe another), then month-at-a-glance (there are several choices here as well), and then a multi-day view.

    I also prefer Agendus' method of setting start & ending times, and the new beta's method is even better. Datebook doesn't allow me to set a default appt. duration, while Agendus does; almost all Nashville studio recording sessions are 3 hours, so this is a really useful setting for me.

    Agendus has a much better use of color, which makes it easy to use the calendar views.

    I've never had any stability problems on any of my Palms, including my Treo 650, which seems to like Agendus just fine. The beta has been rock-solid for me so far too, but I just started using it.

    I own both programs, but keep coming back to Agendus.

    Bob

    I'm with you...love Agendus over Datebook - question - where can one get the beta or is it closed off? Also, when do they expect v10 to come out?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  12. #12  
    I vote for datebk5. I use it and love it. Also, it is nice that proceeds from datebk5 helps support the protection of gorillas (http://www.gorilla-haven.org/) and other wildlife causes.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    I'm with you...love Agendus over Datebook - question - where can one get the beta or is it closed off? Also, when do they expect v10 to come out?
    based on the agendus demo code, it's going to probably around october time

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=agendus

Posting Permissions