Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Marc and all who care!

1 year ago today I purchased SnapperMail, during this one year I have tried and retried Chattermail and I have never been fully satisified. But when Chatter converted to HTML support I knew I had to try it one more time. I did and committed myself to giving it the full trial period test. I had some bumps along the way but Marc and TreoCentral held my hand through it all.

Today on my Anniversary SnapperMail Purchase Date my Trial Ended. I am happy to say I have officially deleted Snapper from my phone and I am using CHATTER exclusivly. I will be spreading the word that Chatter is the way to go.

Thank You Marc and Thank you all for showing me the light.
    I know I care; and I really do appreciate the confidence you've put in me (and ChatterEmail). Thanks!

Marc
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I'll gladly echo that sentiment. I was a long time SM Ent. user who dabbled with various early Chatter betas that keep crashing my Treo. But after some major stability and user improvements, I became a happy Chatter user.

I still peruse the SM yahoo board, and they are all still wondering when v3.0 is going to be released. Meanwhile, Marc is way ahead of the curve.

Thanks Marc!!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    When I first got my 650 in February I setup Versamail(VM) and it was adequate for the most part (POP accounts only). A few weeks later VM stopped deleting mails from the servers and I could not find a solution. So I checked out both Snapper and Chatter and didn't like either so I decided to live with my partially functional VM, afterall I already paid for it with my 650. I would regularly follow the progress of Snapper and Chatter and hope in vain for a free VM upgrade.

A couple of weeks back I decided to trial Chatter and my first IMAP account...
    ... How did I ever get by without these?
    Chatter still does not render some emails properly and has some bugs with POP (I still have a couple) but Marc has been addressing issues and developing Chatter so quickly that I belive he is really a bunch of clones so there's never a Marc sleeping at the wheel... http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ilies/wink.gif

And last but not least, when I decided to purchase Chatter, I was very disappointed that I needed PayPal. PayPal does not yet support accounts from my country, Trinidad and Tobago. I also could not find Chatter on TC or any of my regular software sites like Palmgear or Handango so I emailed Marc and asked if there was an alternative method I could use to purchase Chatter. Well, without delay, Marc offered me a solution that showed not only his great customer service but also that he is just a great guy... to make my payment a donation to a charity of my choice and accept my receipt as proof of payment... What a guy! And he doesn't blow his own horn... he's just a great guy!

Please DO NOT abuse Marc's generosity! I was hesitant to post this for fear of that but I finally decided that it was better to share this experience with the TC family...

Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Wow, that was terribly kind of Marc. And, that may just be the most beautiful thing I've read yet on TC.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Shhh... don't tell Marc but I am a strong believer that good work deserves just reward so I'm working on putting things in place...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Marc makes the best e-mail client on any mobile platform - at any price. Oh yeah, and he also provides the best support I've ever gotten from any developer of anything - at any price.

Marc obviously is doing something he loves.

Either that or he's locked in an institution somewhere with PC, a Treo and a whole lot of time.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I am also a long term SM user, and have also purchased Chatter a while back but had a hard time moving over, mainly because SM was very stable and Chatter was going thru some issues. I have been using Chatter for a couple of weeks and am about ready to remove SM from the Treo. It sure does seem to be a good product and Marc seems to do a very good job of support.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Important to note, since I delete Snapper I haven't had as many resets. I used to think it was chatter but now I think it was snapper.
    Palm V to the Palm 505 to the Palm 515 to the Zire 71 to Treo 600 to the Treo 650 to the Treo 700 to the Treo 755 to the Treo 700w (30 days hated it) to the Treo 755p to the Blackberry World Edition (Hated it) to the PALM PRE!