Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

I've been messing around with Sony Sound Forge and Adobe Audition to edit mp3's to my liking as ringtones. Both these programs work great! Now that I got my ringtones, I've upped them to my treo 650.

I know that ringtones are usually 25-30 seconds long but being the person I am, I try to make them loop between 10-20 seconds (which also reduces disk space). I noticed with my loop'd ringtones, when I encode them from wav to mp3, it adds a one second silence from start to end (because of the silence, it sounds like a crappy loop) =( but when I encode the wav to another format (ogg, wma, etc.) it doesn't add the one second silence.

From here on, I was falling in love with Ringo Pro because it played all my mp3 ringtones flawlessly. Since, I wanted the loops to sound right I had to encode all my ringtones to wma. I made the switch to LightWAV because it supports the most popular audio formats (w/ pocket tunes installed, wavPlayer that is included with LightWAV can only play mp3 and wav formats). I'd have to say Ringo Pro is still the best but at least my loop'd ringtones work decently now. =)

I was wondering if there was anybody that has experience with Sony Sound Forge or Adobe Audition knows how to remove the one second silence while encoding? Or know of an application that encodes w/o the one second silence? =) I wanna go back to ringo =(

Thanks in advance!!!

word^

Here's a sample:::
    Ja_Rule_-_New_York.mp3
    A-ha_-_Take_on_Me.wma
    Glenn_Frey_-_The_Heat_Is_On.wma
    New_Edition_-_Cool_It_Now.wma
    Gangstarr_-_Deadly_Habitz.wma
    Terror_Squad_-_Take_Me_Home.wma
    Ambrosia_-_Biggest_Part_Of_Me.wma
    Last edited by wordup; 08/26/2005 at 08:04 PM.
    defnotion - thoughts unheard of...
    dial #3 on your touchtone phones!
    defn.net - google search
    send.defn.net - file send @ defn.net
    ak.defnotion.com - my blog
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup
    Hi,

I've been messing around with Sony Sound Forge and Adobe Audition to edit mp3's to my liking as ringtones. Both these programs work great! Now that I got my ringtones, I've upped them to my treo 650.

I know that ringtones are usually 25-30 seconds long but being the person I am, I try to make them loop between 10-20 seconds (which also reduces disk space). I noticed with my loop'd ringtones, when I encode them from wav to mp3, it adds a one second silence from start to end (because of the silence, it sounds like a crappy loop) =( but when I encode the wav to another format (ogg, wma, etc.) it doesn't add the one second silence.

From here on, I was falling in love with Ringo Pro because it played all my mp3 ringtones flawlessly. Since, I wanted the loops to sound right I had to encode all my ringtones to wma. I made the switch to LightWAV because it supports the most popular audio formats (w/ pocket tunes installed, wavPlayer that is included with LightWAV can only play mp3 and wav formats). I'd have to say Ringo Pro is still the best but at least my loop'd ringtones work decently now. =)

I was wondering if there was anybody that has experience with Sony Sound Forge or Adobe Audition knows how to remove the one second silence while encoding? Or know of an application that encodes w/o the one second silence? =) I wanna go back to ringo =(

Thanks in advance!!!

word^

Here's a sample:::
    Ja_Rule_-_New_York.mp3
    A-ha_-_Take_on_Me.wma
    Glenn_Frey_-_The_Heat_Is_On.wma
    New_Edition_-_Cool_It_Now.wma
    Gangstarr_-_Deadly_Habitz.wma
    Terror_Squad_-_Take_Me_Home.wma
    Ambrosia_-_Biggest_Part_Of_Me.wma
    you can just use the sound file as is without looping then goto lwav in Ptunes prefs and check to Repeat ringtone. you should have any silent during repeat playback. make sure you get the lastest Lightwav 5.7.1 on our website www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  3.    #3  
    On the topic of Lightwav, I read here

"If you have long or full mp3 songs you can customize each individual ringtone and tell Lightwav where to start playing."
    "Realtime position screen and hear exactly how the ringtone will sound."

I'd say that would be a lot easier than to edit audio files but I'd assume the audio files would still take up a lot of space (full average MP3 is about 3.5MB - 128kbps compared to 25 second MP3 would be about 700KB - 128kbps).

This option would be good for those who keep full mp3's on their phone and would like to use the mp3's as ringtones but for a user like me, I'd never keep full tracks of these ringtones on my phone. =) I keep my ringtones and full tracks divided.

If I'm missing the point, please let me know =)

-

I believe ringtones should be left alone at it's standard instrumental melody. The ringtones with lyrics and such are being played out, IMO but there are some tracks that the lyrics can't be left without =)
    I hope you guys that have dl'd my ringtones like 'em. I apologize for all the random ringtones being made, I just happen to make them if they sound good. =P

::My ringtones::
    Isaac_Hayes_-_Ike's_Mood.wma
    Dr_Dre_-_Xxplosive.wma
    CSI_Theme.mp3 (Right Click and SAVE AS) < I'm a huge csi fan! =) If anybody knows the real title to this song, I'd love to know!
    George_Benson_-_Breezin'.wma

I've gotten a request to speed up the pitch to Isacc Hayes - Ike's Mood.wma
    Isaac_Hayes_-_Ike's_Mood_v2.wma
    Last edited by wordup; 08/27/2005 at 07:38 PM.
    defn.net - google search
  4.    #4  
    I hope some of you are enjoyin' this! =) I figured I'd take today off but I'll defn put out at least one ringtone a day. I also wouldn't mind if you guys shared your ringtones as well. I started doing this because I wanted all my contacts (250+) to have a different ringtone, but with me alone I wont be able to do this. Later along the line, I'll probably take requests but for now, I'll be searchin' through my mp3 collection.

Stay tuned!!!
    defn.net - google search
  5.    #5  
    I decided to make my ringtones mp3 format (most loops will not work properly) format from now. If you would like another format, don't hesitate to PM me.

Bar-Kays_-_Open_Your_Heart.mp3
    Luniz_-_Playa_Hate_On_Me.mp3
    defn.net - google search
    I use Audacity, it works well for me. Plus its free!
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  7.    #7  
    Awesome find reverendrhino! =)
    defn.net - google search
    I use it a lot, I can cut my MP3's where I want them to start to play & end. Plus you can change them to wav files too! Enjoy......

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  9.    #9  
    Busy a$$ day today, enjoy the jams!

Fat_Joe_-_Lean_Back.mp3

Lloyd_Banks_-_Karma.mp3
    defn.net - google search
    i have made a couple ringtones, i will post them (the ones that say Mr.Franklin can be altered to say anything) to see if anyone is interested.

these are wav files, so i zipped em to upload here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Franko515, coo...thanks.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Wordup, I guess you are keeping busy.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    wordup, BTW CSI rocks! I know the band is: The Who, I believe the song name is: Who Are You, I may be wrong though.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    wordup, BTW CSI rocks! I know the band is: The Who, I believe the song name is: Who Are You, I may be wrong though. I believe the album is: Who's Next

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Franko515, coo...thanks.
    there is a site where you can make your own, and include your name or type in a totallydifferent message. (the message cant be over 175k i think)

Text to Speech

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    wordup, BTW CSI rocks! I know the band is: The Who, I believe the song name is: Who Are You, I may be wrong though. I believe the album is: Who's Next
    The Album is "Who Are You". The last one made before Keith Moon died. Odd thing is, on the cover, Moon is seated on a chair with "not to be taken away" stamped on it.

Who's Next came out about seven years earlier, and had the song Baba O'Reilly ("It's only teenage wasteland...") and Won't Get Fooled Again among others. That was The Who at their peak.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  17.    #17  
    Thanks franko for the info and share. I'm thinkin' about doing what you did for my text message alert, pretty hot ish! =P

Reverend and Insertion thanks for the input, I love learning new things when it comes to music. Not to mention ask all the questions most people wouldn't ask, I ain't scurrred! =P

As you guys can see I'm a hip hop and jazz junky even though I haven't really listen to mainstream "rap" for a minute. I believe the rap game died in the late 90's, but the beats nowadays are pretty good, just don't know about the artists though. =/

The next ringtone I edit will probably be Dave Brubeck - Take Five but who knows =) stay tune...
    defn.net - google search
    here is another

crank yankers / ive got mail
    Attached Files Attached Files

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Insertion, damm your so right. I'm stick stuck on Quadrophenia....sorry those damm Vespa's

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Franko515, thanks!

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast