Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I convert all mp3 to ogg at 46k. The songs take up almost 1/3 the space & there is virtually no sound quality loss. Sound about the same as 128k mp3! So I get almost 3gigs out of my 1 gig card! I love it...
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I have the problem of owning both. I use an ipod mini for workouts because I do not need the extra features of the treo, I just want simple music. I also use iTunes. This means that I need to convert the iTunes music to mp3 in order to transfer songs I have on cd or have purchased from iTunes before putting it on the treo. Usually just an annoying extra step and takes up extra space, but I can live with it.

I recently made the mistake of upgrading to iTunes 6.0, which makes it currently impossible to make the conversion. I am sure it will eventually be fixed, but it would be awesome if a iPod emmulator existed on the treo, so that it would work as seemlessly with iTune. I know, I know never gonna happen.
    huh? why do that? convert your protected itune songs to mp3 or even ogg! i never unbderstand why people want to carry both?
    Quote Originally Posted by Erch63
    I have the problem of owning both. I use an ipod mini for workouts because I do not need the extra features of the treo, I just want simple music.

Yeah, I was thinking about getting a Nano precisely b/c of this. I'm afraid I'ld break the Treo if I took it to the gym...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    huh? why do that? convert your protected itune songs to mp3 or even ogg! i never unbderstand why people want to carry both?

Have I missed something? Is there now a way to play iTunes songs directly on a treo?
    Treo's storage capacity gets a liitle closer to iPod.

4GB SD Card
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Yeah, I was thinking about getting a Nano precisely b/c of this. I'm afraid I'ld break the Treo if I took it to the gym...
    I bought a 1 gig shuffle 2 months ago. I'm very happy with it. Very small, very lightweight, and I hardly notice it when I have it in my pocket or on a lanyard around my neck. It's perfect for running or doing work around the house.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I bought a 1 gig shuffle 2 months ago. I'm very happy with it. Very small, very lightweight, and I hardly notice it when I have it in my pocket or on a lanyard around my neck. It's perfect for running or doing work around the house.
    Beat me to it, heberbanned. For just taking to the gym, a Shuffle might be the best. I thought they were useless when they first came out, but I'm really thinking of getting one for my TWiT podcasts.

...or maybe I should just get a bigger iPod.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I use 1 gig card on a daily basis and take an extra 512 mb card on trips. the 512 mb card is also used in my digital camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Treo's storage capacity gets a liitle closer to iPod.

4GB SD Card
    I thought that 2GB was the maximum size that the Treo could recognize?
    After further review, seems as though you are correct. Wonder if anyone has tried it out. Maybe there's a way to get it to work.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    After further review, seems as though you are correct. Wonder if anyone has tried it out. Maybe there's a way to get it to work.
    I would loooove that, though I've read that it is a hardware limitation of the Treo that dictates that 2GB limit. Not giving up hope just yet though.
    arn't there rumors that someone (samsung????) is very close to high capacity SD cards? close to 14GB?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12