1.    #1  
    Ok I never take my treo near water but accidents happen.
    I left my cabin to get a cooler out of the canoe that was tied up to a pole in the water. Needeless to say I fell in and guess what was in my pocket. I guess out of pure competiveness I put the phone in my pocket on the way out. Anyways the thing was juiced. My wife tried to talk to me but I locked myself in the room and would not talk to anyone. No matter how many times people came to the door begging for me to come out. Well after 2 hrs I finally came out and waited for the end of theweekend to see what I could do w/ it seeing I'm in hickville. I took the battery out of course.
    Anyways I took it to : Tom from Gator Paging-Cellular 352- 373-4009
    He took it apart and has a special machine (instead of the hairdryer I would have used) to dry it out, I mean it even had water inbetween the touchscreen. Anyways it took 2 days of Critical Care at ICU but IT IS BACK TO BRAND NEW and he charged me $25 to do it. My life is beautiful right now. I just wanted to share my drama and experiece. Man Treo650 is a badass phone. If this happens to you give Tom a call.
    Mike
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 650wannabe
    I left my cabin to get a cooler out of the canoe that was tied up to a pole in the water. Needeless to say I fell in and guess what was in my pocket. I guess out of pure competiveness I put the phone in my pocket on the way out. Anyways the thing was juiced. My wife tried to talk to me but I locked myself in the room and would not talk to anyone. No matter how many times people came to the door begging for me to come out. Well after 2 hrs I finally came out and waited for the end of theweekend to see what I could do w/ it seeing I'm in hickville. I took the battery out of course.
    He took it apart and has a special machine (instead of the hairdryer I would have used) to dry it out, I mean it even had water inbetween the touchscreen. Anyways it took 2 days of Critical Care at ICU but IT IS BACK TO BRAND NEW and he charged me $25 to do it. My life is beautiful right now. I just wanted to share my drama and experiece. Man Treo650 is a badass phone. If this happens to you give Tom a call.
    Mike
    Great tale.
    While I have not personally tried it, I hear that a food de-hydrator can do the job as well.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    So you're at a cabin, near water, doing canoeing... and you don't have your treo in a waterproof container???? (ziplock bags work well...I used one when I went to oceans of fun recently)

Glad it worked out for ya, but wow.. I can't believe how many people drop their $600 (list) phones into the water...
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Great tale.
    You of all people should probably keep that number close by at all times!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Haven't had the experience with a Treo, but twice dropped my old Mot V60 into the pool and simply put it into the convection oven at about 150 degrees for a few hours and worked fine. I have heard that if dropped into any water with chlorine it is a good idea to dip it a few times in pure water to get out all the stuff that isn't water. The key seems to be low temp and circulating air.
    Mike Caldwell
    I came across this PDA waterproof bag page when I was looking for waterproof iPod case.

http://www.waterproofcases.net/water...pda-cases.html
    My wife tried to talk to me but I locked myself in the room and would not talk to anyone. No matter how many times people came to the door begging for me to come out.
    I would have been the same way
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Mike

Hey..

Good golly. I'm glad it came out of the rinse cycle ok. Next time that happens, see if the Treo will float. If it does, you can attach the key to the canoe to it so you won't loose the key in the water.

Real boaters attach floats to their keys....

Chuck