1. cng
    I have a very annoying problem. When I play games I need to sometimes press or even hold down the center key of the D-pad and that will bring me out of the game and into a pop-up telling me my alerts! I have zero alerts, its a popup and has no menu or anything for me to see which program is doing this and all it has on it is "0 Alerts (the time here)" on the top blue bar. The three buttons are "Done, Snooze and Clear All" and they are located all at the bottom going from left to right. Anyone knows what this is and how to disable this?
    It is supposed to do that. Holding the center key down brings up the alert manager.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3. cng
    How to disable it as it is annoying in games and everything else!
    Hmmm. Never heard of a way to disable that. It has never come up accidentally for me in a game. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I just bought an Astraware game and would love to know how to disable it as well! :-P
  6. cng
    Let me guess, Hellfire?
    Quote Originally Posted by adster
    I just bought an Astraware game and would love to know how to disable it as well! :-P
    No way to disable the alarm screen on the 650. It is there to let you know which of 4 alarms sounded if you didn't catch the audible or the vibrate setting. There are four alarms you can set, phone, calendar, messaging and last, but not least, games. You can edit any of the 4 alarm catagories, but you cannot disable the alarm function....
  8. cng
    I want to at least change the key for that function... Maybe someone show write a small app to do this or Palm should make a patch to allow us to disable it.
    Yep cng, it's Hellfire :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by cng
    Let me guess, Hellfire?
    You can goto the control settings and change the default button. I have the center nav set to 'select weapons' and the alert manager never comes up!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions