Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    It bothered me aesthetically that the Treo is silver gray and my SD card was "blue". I didn't want to spring for a new one in black so I took a (permanent) black magic marker and touched up the exposed edge and about an 1/8 inch around the sides of that same edge since the card sits a smidgen out of the top of the device.

Popped it back in an now it's really smart looking as it matches the infrared window it sits besides along with the black top of the combo pen Treo stylus.

Don't know how long it will stay on yet wear-wise, but if it rubs off too soon (like on clothes, but I doubt it will) I'll just do it again and seal it on this time with a light coat of clear nail polish.

Maybe someone has already come up with this idea here, I dunno! But thought I'd pass this tip along if your card is a colored one
    wish you had posted this before I took my blue sharpie to my treo
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Expidia
    It bothered me aesthetically that the Treo is silver gray and my SD card was "blue". I didn't want to spring for a new one in black so I took a (permanent) black magic marker and touched up the exposed edge and about an 1/8 inch around the sides of that same edge since the card sits a smidgen out of the top of the device.

Popped it back in an now it's really smart looking as it matches the infrared window it sits besides along with the black top of the combo pen Treo stylus.

Don't know how long it will stay on yet wear-wise, but if it rubs off too soon (like on clothes, but I doubt it will) I'll just do it again and seal it on this time with a light coat of clear nail polish.

Maybe someone has already come up with this idea here, I dunno! But thought I'd pass this tip along if your card is a colored one
    Yeah this idea was already posted a LONG time ago. No matter, shows you have gumption. Here is a little bit more on how to make that SD card look even better. Take a nail file to the top of the SD card and file it down so it is flush with the top of your Treo. Then the next step is to take the marker to it. The markers ink will stay better on the roughed up surface. Remember to take the SD card out before you file.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Thx, I thought of the circumcision idea too, but I didn't know at what point I'd hit any electronics within the card. It looks to be designed to stick out so you can push down to release it. But in my first week alone I've popped it out twice already when pushing down to fit in my jeans pocket. I wondered how long it would take me to see only an empty slot.
    I think I'll go the file down route as you suggest since I can use my stylus to push down on the soon to be flush card.
    Last edited by Expidia; 08/26/2005 at 02:46 PM.
    I don't think I'll be filing my SD cards down any more. I did it to perfectly match the 600, and it was to the point of showing the exposed joint.

It sticks up a little more on the 650, but I'm not brave enough to file any more than I already have.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Ya but then you can justify springing for that 1GB card for $59. Just saw one at Newegg.com with $4.95 shipping. 1GB probably a good idea if one wants to view movies on the Treo and backup too.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    That'ed be too much painting for me on the whole Treo. I was going to just get gray colored contacts on my next reorder!
    I've already got a 1Gb and 512Mb. I don't need to be breaking anything.

The next one I'll be buying will be 2Gb, and that's not anytime soon.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    I posted this same tip at the same time over on the Pdaphonehome site and it got 59 views. Same posting here got 305 over the same period of time.

I figure this site starts with the word "Treo" so it's easier found during a search for reviews or maybe there are just better smilies to choose from over here . . . . but that's quite a difference in views.
    Expidia said"my first week alone I've popped it out twice already when pushing down to fit in my jeans pocket. I wondered how long it would take me to see only an empty slot."

I downloaded CardKeeper because of the same thing was happening each time I snapped my case closed. Actually the case has stretched and doesn't happen anymore, but it reassuring to know it starts beeping immediately if the card does come out of the slot. It's free as well.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    I like it! I'll search around for the download.

Thx

Found it. . . here it is for others to try

http://www.byteswapped.com/palm/

I wish I had this little reminder program for my digital camera. Once I went to a wedding and realized I left the card behind in my reader. The spare card in my case was a useless 8mb card that came with one of my cameras.

I installed it but only vibrates, no beep even with beep checked off?

Vibrate OK but can you get yours to beep?
    Last edited by Expidia; 08/26/2005 at 05:56 PM.

I'm not necessarily sure this would be an advantage as it would be a disadvantage. I prefer that the SD card is blue (or something other than black) so I can visually check that the SD card is still in there.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Since another poster said the black magic marker wears off in two months I swiped over the now blackened edge with the clear nail polish today.

Looks good. Kinda looks like a farrari without the wheeels now
    Personally, I like the blue color contrast with the blue number keys on the keyboard.
    Thx, I thought of the circumcision idea too, but I didn't know at what point I'd hit any electronics within the card. It looks to be designed to stick out so you can push down to release it. But in my first week alone I've popped it out twice already when pushing down to fit in my jeans pocket. I wondered how long it would take me to see only an empty slot.
    I think I'll go the file down route as you suggest since I can use my stylus to push down on the soon to be flush card.

LMAO.........LOL.......BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!.........

Errr, Ahhhh, Sorry, I couldn't help myself.......BWAHAHAHAHAHA.......picking myself up from the floor now.....

You can go to Comp USA and get a black P1 WIFI card, they were on sale earlier this month, and stick it in the phone and just simply bust off the top of it.....This will save a lot of work filing on a blue expansion card. I mean, since the Treo didn't come with working WIFI drivers, you'll never miss the top part of the P1 WIFI card.......

I have a P1 WIFI card, but I will not exersize the above option because my Treo is blue and the 1 gig card is blue too....

Chuck