Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I use a Seidio screen-in clip during the weekdays, I wear a belt at work and am an IT guy, so gear on the hip is expected.

However, I rarely wear belts on the weekend, or if I do I still have an untucked t-shirt hanging over it. beltclips don't work well for me then.

I'm looking for a good "pocket case." rubbery skins don't work because they get stuck in pockets and are difficult to pull out, plus they make it hard to remove the treo for usage during the week again.

Paramount concerns:
    • easy access to screen and all face keys, no covers
    • i have large thumbs, so the first point must be reinforced
    • thin as possible, but still protective against scratches and small drops
    • no beltclip, or removable one

I'm stuck between the Bellagio or the Sena. The one thing that I don't like about the Bellagio is that the back appears to be "squared off" - i prefer a skin type system (a la Sena), where the leather fits the treo as tight as possible. I'd imagine that a squared off case is just going to bend and tear/wear quickly on the corners from in/out pocket use (just like my wallet).

The Sena skin-style looks nearly perfect, but something mentioned in the review is scaring me - the leather bar makes it difficult to hit the home/menu buttons as well as "up" on the 5-way. I sampled an Innocase hard case, and was really annoyed by this same problem due to the too-small cutout on the front (and my larger thumbs).

Can anyone with the Sena comment about how thick the bar is and how much it impedes usage? Does anyone have the Bellagio? (No reviews on the site.) I'm also considering buying both and then keeping one and sending the other back, but I've already done this once with the Innocase & Seidio holster, so I feel kind of bad about doing it again...

I was also looking at the Vaja T65, but the price annoys me, and I'm worried about having button problems due to the (seemingly) fat lip around the sides. Is this lip small enough to not cause issues with the edge keys?
    I have the Sena leatherskin and like it. The bar between the screen and the D-Pad/menu/home keys is about 0.5 cm. It's a little annoying at first using the D-pad up arrow and the menu/home keys but I don't notice it anymore...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I'd highly recommend the Krusell Classic multidapt case. You can find it on ebay for less than $20 shipped. Everything is protected except for the IR window, mute switch, and bottom connector. Everything else is covered by either leather or clear plastic. It does a very good job as far as keeping body sweat out, dirt off the screen, etc. I'm very happy with mine.
    I am sitting here with two Treo 650's. One has the Sena case. It fits very nice and is very thin. Nice quality. The other case is a Vaja v65. Real nice and looks good. If you want the best, go with Vaja. Not sure it is worth three times as much as the Sena. However, neither have covers for the screen or keyboard if that makes a difference to you. Only disadvantage to the Sena is the strip of leather right below the screen. It slightly restricts pressing the home and menu buttons, but you get used to it.
    The number one thing I'd want if I was carrying the Treo in my pocket would be screen protection. I'd look for a case with a flip cover.
    I put screen protectors on all my gadgets the moment they come out of the box. I won't even power it on until the screen protector is on. Yeah, I have issues with screen scratches. For weekend use I simply use no case. My pocket is fine when I'm not in my car. In the car I use the most excellent ProClip.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenmcg
    Can anyone with the Sena comment about how thick the bar is and how much it impedes usage? Does anyone have the Bellagio? (No reviews on the site.) I'm also considering buying both and then keeping one and sending the other back, but I've already done this once with the Innocase & Seidio holster, so I feel kind of bad about doing it again...
    I don't have the skin cases you mention, but I have both the Sena and Bellagio belt clip cases. I got the Bellagio tonight and won't be using it - that's another story - but the one thing about the Sena that drives me nuts is the bar above the home/menu keys. It definitely gets in the way, as does the leather at the bottom of the keys. Other than that and that I wish it flipped up instead of down, it's not a bad case - workmanship's much improved since I had one of their Clie cases that started falling apart not long after I got it.

Bellagio customer service is apparently in the Witness Protection Program so if you go with them don't expect to hear back if you have an issue or complaint.
    I also prefer to carry my 650 in a pocket. But I also prefer to have total access to all the keys and functions as well as having it actually feel like a phone when I put it up to my ear...so after much review, I went with a nutshell case and a flexiskin, or egrips.
    Now it's perfect.
    I just use a boxwave screen protector and put the phone in my pocket. Nothing else (keys, coins, etc.) goes in that pocket. I've had no problems iwith either my 600 or 650 the entire time I've owned them.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I have the Vaja T65 for weekday use and the Sena for pocket use. The only problem with switching between the two is the side buttons make it tough to slip the Treo into and out of the Sena. Once it's in, the Sena makes the perfect pocket case.
    As someone that also has large thumbs, the Sena skin has become slightly annoying when trying to access the Home and up buttons. You "somewhat" get used to it, but I still find myself sliding the case up trying to get a little more room between the keys and the screen. However, it doesn't overshadow the fact that it is very nice looking and it doesn't add any bulk to the device. However, I wouldn't say it really adds much drop protection - maybe against some scratches, but there is no shock protection. I'm most likely going to switch to the treokitz.
    Vaja t65 with belt clip for weekdays. The vaja case is kind of thick for my pocket.

I just use the phone bare, with Screen protector and egrips on it, in my pocket for weekends. I have a proclip in my car that I put the phone in.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I have the Krussel Classic case mentioned above. Decided to the Seidio holster which I prefer. The case is new and unused. Here is a link, if you want it, it's yours $20 shipped...PM of email me one918@hotmail.com

http://www.extremepda.com/page/XPDA/...CLASSICTREO650