Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I would say that about 50% of my incoming calls on my treo go straight to voicemail and the phone never rings. It is quite frustrating to be sitting there and get a VM notification and realize the phone simply never rang. Is there anyone else with this issue? I've had the PRL updated, phone checked, updated the firmware, etc. It still does it. If I can't get it fixed, I'm going to have to dump the treo and get something else.

Thx
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Do you have "autosync" set in Versamail?
    What provider are you on? Do you always have a strong signal? I havent had this problem on Cingular here in the DC area with my treo, and I did get this once in a while previously with my SE T616
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Yes, I also frequently get notified that I have a Verizon voicemail but my phone didn't ring, nor does it show a call in the call log. Many of the times I don't have full strength reception but I have a couple of bars and am in places where I received calls just fine on my Kyocera 7135.

What does "autosync" in Versamail have to do with anything? In my case I don't have "autosync" checked. I only do Versamail via Hotsync.
    -----> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (aka SLYDoggie)
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie
    What does "autosync" in Versamail have to do with anything? In my case I don't have "autosync" checked. I only do Versamail via Hotsync.
    Maybe if its in a mail checking routine at the time a call comes in the phone misses it?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Do you use bluefang or bttoggle to manage the BT radio? There are known bugs of each app that causes incoming calls to be missed.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie

When you have versamail "autosync" set it will accces the net at your set intervals, and if a phone call comes in at the same time as "autosync" is getting your mail it will send your phone call right to VM. Clear enough?
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I periodically have calls go directly to VM on Sprint. I have complained to Sprint and they eventually told me that it happens when the network or tower is too busy to handle additional calls. I know of several others in the Chicago area who have the same problem with Sprint and Verizon and they do not have Treos.
    Another possible solution if you're on Cingular.. During the AT&T Cingular merger, something got confused about call forwarding, like the AT&T and Cingular towers/systems were out of sync as to if you wanted to forward directly to VM or normally (to the phone).

I had this problem constantly until a post (here or Howard Forums, can't recall) said to go into the Phone settings, set it to forward to Voice Mail, set it, etc, then go back in, and change it back to the normal setting. That way you're explicitly setting it on the network and should sync everything up.

I haven't had the problem since, and it's quick to do, so give it a shot if you're on Cingular/AT&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty
    I periodically have calls go directly to VM on Sprint. I have complained to Sprint and they eventually told me that it happens when the network or tower is too busy to handle additional calls. I know of several others in the Chicago area who have the same problem with Sprint and Verizon and they do not have Treos.
    I had this problem with sprint and they said it was my phone and they could exchange my phone out as long as I was willing to extend my contract!! On top of my phone going to sleep and not waking up, calls straight to voicemail and constant resets I have no idea why I continue this love affair...the treo refuses to leave his old ways.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I should have mentioned I am on sprint. I am not using any BT apps and I do not have autosync set up --- i dont even have versamail setup for that matter. I don't have any other wireless applications that are running that would cause the overlap issue. I have plenty of signal strength. I often carry my wife's sprint cell also and someone will call me, and not get me, then call the wife's phone and get right through. Her's almost never goes straight to voicemail... I think I'll try to get a new phone and see if that fixes it, but when I first got the phone, I had the same issue and they swapped it out for a new one and I still have it...
    I have the same problem with Sprint. I also thought it was due to Autosync, so I turned that feature off. And the next time my Voice Mail popped up without ringing, I called my phone from an SBC line. I got the same thing. It went straight to my voicemail without my phone ringing, although I had full signal strength and phone was idle. I am in the Chicago area as well. Has complaining to Sprint worked in resolving this issue?

Thanks

raj
    My calls always go to voicemail when I am on the phone. My call waiting will not work at all. I have tried different phones, hard resets, everything. There is no indication to my why it is not working. All of my past Sprint phones have always worked great...
    Are youse guys on the latest firmware? (Sprint is 1.12) I don't have this issue, even though my phone is often doing network access, like downloading email. And even across 2 Versamail accounts AND a separate work email program (NotifyLink).

The tower traffic theory doesn't seem to make much sense since Sprint has less users per tower than all other carriers. And this would be an issue for all Sprint phones, not just T650.
    Last edited by xenophonite; 08/26/2005 at 01:32 PM.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Just yesterday I was with a friend who also has Verizon (as I do) and he was complaining how bad my new phone sounded on his end. Cracking and dead spots, etc. He gave me his phone and took mine and had me call him. We were right next to each other and the call rang until it went to VM. My phone never rang. I have Versamail set to where I have to get my emails manually. I absolutely love my 650, but as a phone it really sucks. It's to the point where the bad service could start costing me business if it hasn't already. Oh, and my phone had three bars showing.
    ^Palm came out with a firmware upgrade that improved voice quality for Sprint. Verizon also has a firmware upgrade but don't know if it addressed voice quality. Are you on the latest?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    ^Palm came out with a firmware upgrade that improved voice quality for Sprint. Verizon also has a firmware upgrade but don't know if it addressed voice quality. Are you on the latest?
    Yes, I updated the day it came out. I can see some difference in the 1.03 from the 1.01. I don't have as many dropped calls, but still having way too many. I wouldn't know if I'm missing as many incoming calls, but I'm missing enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn
    I should have mentioned I am on sprint. I am not using any BT apps and I do not have autosync set up --- i dont even have versamail setup for that matter. I don't have any other wireless applications that are running that would cause the overlap issue. I have plenty of signal strength. I often carry my wife's sprint cell also and someone will call me, and not get me, then call the wife's phone and get right through. Her's almost never goes straight to voicemail... I think I'll try to get a new phone and see if that fixes it, but when I first got the phone, I had the same issue and they swapped it out for a new one and I still have it...
    What comes to mind is ... if you're not using any apps or email, why do you have a Treo ?... why not just a phone ?

BTW, my TREO acts the same way once in a while and I'm with SPRINT.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Another possible solution if you're on Cingular.. During the AT&T Cingular merger, something got confused about call forwarding, like the AT&T and Cingular towers/systems were out of sync as to if you wanted to forward directly to VM or normally (to the phone).

I had this problem constantly until a post (here or Howard Forums, can't recall) said to go into the Phone settings, set it to forward to Voice Mail, set it, etc, then go back in, and change it back to the normal setting. That way you're explicitly setting it on the network and should sync everything up.

I haven't had the problem since, and it's quick to do, so give it a shot if you're on Cingular/AT&T.
    I got the same problem today. Called Cingular customer service. She said it could be a bad sim card or the phone itself. So I turned to Treocentral. Found your solution. Worked like a charm! Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn
    I would say that about 50% of my incoming calls on my treo go straight to voicemail and the phone never rings. It is quite frustrating to be sitting there and get a VM notification and realize the phone simply never rang. Is there anyone else with this issue? I've had the PRL updated, phone checked, updated the firmware, etc. It still does it. If I can't get it fixed, I'm going to have to dump the treo and get something else.

Thx
    The only time my Sprint/650 still on version 1.08 goes to voice mail is when I am connected to data network, or if the phone is turned off. If I am on the data net on the Treo, The VM pops up when I disconnect from the network. If I am on the network by way of PDANET, the VM pops up and disconnects PDANET so I can listen to the message.

Chuck