Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Just got it yesterday and already having some issues. At times it will soft reset when a call comes in or ends. What makes this even more frustrating is that it will wipe out all the registration information I have for programs on my Treo such as PTunes, Zlauncher, VoiceWav, etc. I end up having to do a restore from SD.

Now it doesn't seem to connect for outgoing calls. It is lightening fast on the incoming calls, but nothing on the outgoing. Even tried starting the call on the 650 then hitting the answer button on the headset, no join. Removed and repaired multiple times, still no luck.

Any ideas on eaither problem would be appreciated.

thanks,

dan
    Before you re-pair the headset to the 650, make sure you delete the Bluetooth Cache as well as remove the HBH-300 from your trusted devices list. Then try again. It should work then.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Thanks, that did the trick, but with a twist. After clearing the trusted device and then the cache, when I go to look for local bluetooth devices, it first finds it as an un-named device then after a few moments it turns into HBH-300.

If I wait for it to turn to HBH-300 and then choose that device, it will autoengage on incoming calls but not the outgoing ones. Cleared trusted device and cache again and then quickly tapped "ok" when it was still listed as un-named device. This did the trick, even though if i now go to trusted devices it is listed as the hbh-300.

Thanks again,

dan
    Quote Originally Posted by finnd
    Thanks, that did the trick, but with a twist. After clearing the trusted device and then the cache, when I go to look for local bluetooth devices, it first finds it as an un-named device then after a few moments it turns into HBH-300.

If I wait for it to turn to HBH-300 and then choose that device, it will autoengage on incoming calls but not the outgoing ones. Cleared trusted device and cache again and then quickly tapped "ok" when it was still listed as un-named device. This did the trick, even though if i now go to trusted devices it is listed as the hbh-300.

Thanks again,

dan
    And THIS gets my vote for Treo 650 Tip O' The Week!

I got 'er done!

Was driving me crazy because my headest had difficulty picking up my outgoing calls when I did it manually. I would make an important business call while driving and then, as the phone rang, frantically try to connect before my prospect came online! Would sometimes have to try three or four times! This seems (I *just* did it) to pick up everytime almost right away!

Man, this is great!

Thanks, Dan!
    How do you reset the cache?
    I think you need a program like Filez--that's what I used. Anyway, look up the files called bluetooth cache and blutooth trusted devices and delete them from there.

If you do't have a program like Filez--you need one. It's free. http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/filez.shtml
    ^ thanks. I was hoping it wouldn't require a hard reset like I'd read somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by finnd
    I have a hbh-600 with a similar problem. It "almost" works. The audio cuts out right after connect, and it doesn't always answer. I've tried the really-fast-ok establishing it as a device but it doesn't seem to help.

Just a quick question though, what version of firmware do you have installed? I'm betting my issue is due to the most recent firmware update on mine. I know other people have had this headset working with the phone, so either it's a firmware issue or a hardware issue with the phone (I know the headset works with other phones).
    Dangit.

Now my hbh-300 is not staying paired. Or rather it was automatically connecting on outbound calls but after a few calls just stopped. I re-paired it last night and it's working again, but am I going to have to do this regularly?

I'd rather have an enemy than a false friend....

(What the heck? I mean I don't want to depend on it if it's only going to work sometime. Sheesh. I need to get over myself. LOL!)
    Same problem here, I can pair them, but when I make an outgoing call, it just goes right to the phone as if the headset was never there.

The unknown device OK trick worked for me, but I just now did it so not sure if it will be a viable long-term solution.
    Nope this doesn't work past the first time. Anytime the phone is reset, or bluetooth turned on & off, the headset does not work for outgoing calls.
    Maybe that's it, Zorn. I had to do a soft reset of my phone.

Not SO bad, though.

Rarely a need to turn BT off and I just know that if I reset my phone I have to reset BT. Ungainly, but doable.

It's not knowing WHEN it's going to do it that made me uneasy.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    OK, I recently upgraded to the new 1.20ENA/171 ROM/firmware release and noticed that after a warm reset, my bluetooth pairing to my HBH is still working!! No need to resync. I pried a little deaper and found that when you are discovering the device for the first time, you don't need to pair with the unknown/unlisted device, you can wait for it to recognize the HBH and it will still atuoattach on outgoing as well as incoming calls. Not sure if anyone else has discovered this yet.
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Hmmm.... so who knows if it will work with updated Sprint 650's?...

Also, how is the weight?... anyone tried it with a lithium AAA to cut down the weight?..