Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This was the best $34 bucks spent on this phone so far. Twice in two weeks I have come back to separate hotels, only to have their Internet Access not working. Since I work late at night, I can't run out to a Wi-Fi hot spot and digging out the modem card and cable is a pita...plus it's only 56K at best. I connect to the internet through the Treo using a BT adapter and Wow! Great speed and great convenience. It ain't no Aircard...but then again...it's not costing me an additional $80 a month either. Thumbs up!
    Quote Originally Posted by crashmcwhly
    This was the best $34 bucks spent on this phone so far. Twice in two weeks I have come back to separate hotels, only to have their Internet Access not working. Since I work late at night, I can't run out to a Wi-Fi hot spot and digging out the modem card and cable is a pita...plus it's only 56K at best. I connect to the internet through the Treo using a BT adapter and Wow! Great speed and great convenience. It ain't no Aircard...but then again...it's not costing me an additional $80 a month either. Thumbs up!
    Yep.....I agree. I use it everyday, all over the country. It's bailed me out a number of times in wifi hot spots that were no longer hot. The only downside is, that miniature treocentral resident primate uses PDANET somehow to track me down....

Chuck
    PDAnet has been a life saver for me on more than one occassion in my life as a road warrior. Great product and worth every cent.
    Jimbo
    For me too and paid for itself within the first two weeks, in saving me those access charges at airports.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I installed wifi at the same time I got PDAnet. My wife was telling people our wifi was working across the state of TX as I was able to use the internet on the laptop driving between Houston and Austin. She did not know that I was using the Treo and PDAnet.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    How is PDAnet any better than using the built-in DUN feature?
    Works smooth as silk. Now if the guy could just write an app so that WIFI would work I'd be in heaven.
    I'm using PDAnet right now from airborne school.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    does it work with the 650 on verizon? What kind of speeds should I expect?
    Yes, will work on Verizon. It asks you whether you are running CDMA 1RXX. I'm surfing from the Atlanta airport right now. Speeds are same as with Treo but pages load faster in laptop browser.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Thanks to you guys for helping me find PDAnet. I had to drive around for 30 min. the other day to try and find a unsecured wifi hot spot to be able to transmit a quote. Now I will no longer need to do that. One question though. I saw on another thread that PDAnet doesn't work well with the sync cable that also charges by USB. Anyone else having problems with this? I found out about the problem just after I had ordered the cable. ARGH!
    I use the cheapest charge sync cable but mine came with a separate AC adapter. If you have problems drop me an email and I will send you a link to where I bought mine. I think it cost more to ship than I paid for it...maybe $5 bucks.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I purchased the Seido retractible sync n charge usb.
    I just use the sync cable that came with the Treo.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmJ
    Ditto for BT. I use built-in BT DUN frequently. I just had to research the necessary configuration which I found right here on TC...

But I am not aware of an alternative for use with the sync cable when a BT PC is not available.

Can someone please clarify?
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    I was on summer vacation for 3 weeks and PDAnet made my life so much easier! Having wireless internet I first found a weak connection, then nothing! An excellent investment~
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmJ

...and again...how is it better than using the built-in DUN feature, exactly??
    Quote Originally Posted by joolsca
    ...and again...how is it better than using the built-in DUN feature, exactly??
    I'm guessing you mean dialing into the network. The speeds I get when dialing into a network is 19kbs. The speed I got yesterday on PdaNet was 192kbs. I think that the difference is very evident.
    The advantages of PDANet:
    -Can use wiith USB cable as well as bluetooth
    -works on Treos (with BT)
    that have BT DUN disabled
    -Really easy (***** proof) to set up and use, BT dun can be a little more of a challenge to some people.

There are no preformance differences otherwise. I have both and I just prefer PDANet for the simplicity factor.
    Last edited by taylorh; 08/29/2005 at 06:16 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I use PDAnet and it rocks but I would like to add Directory Assistance to the lifesaver category. On many occassions, being able to find a phone number and address and then dial from the application is tremendous.

Jimbo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast