Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by joolsca
    ...and again...how is it better than using the built-in DUN feature, exactly??
    eKeith pointed one out. For those people that do not have bluetooth. You can use PDAnet with the sync cable.

I myself use BT DUN, for free. PDA Net is nice but not needed if your laptop/PC supports bluetooth(dongle, built-in or otherwise).

The speeds aren't much better in my experiences, but i have seen reports that PDAnet is a little faster.
    I had DUN set up on my old machine with a Kensington dongle and had a b***h of a time setting it up on my new notebook. First problems with the WIDCOM drivers and getting them to work. Then problems configuring the DUN setup and creating a new port. If i wasnt so stubborn and if I knew this was gonna take forever, i woulda bought PDAnet. Now that i have DUN working easily why spend the $34.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjocanadian
    Now that i have DUN working easily why spend the $34.
    Because this way you keep the Treo in the cradle/cable and NOT drain the battery! IMO using BT DUN is okay for infrequent use, but it really kills the battery if you want to use DUN for any extended period of time. PDAnet in this regard is a real advantatage imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Because this way you keep the Treo in the cradle/cable and NOT drain the battery! IMO using BT DUN is okay for infrequent use, but it really kills the battery if you want to use DUN for any extended period of time. PDAnet in this regard is a real advantatage imo...
    Why can't you use BT DUN and keep the OEM power plug connected to the Treo?
    Last edited by eKeith; 08/29/2005 at 11:04 PM.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic

Point taken. We shall see how much I use DUN. My old notebook was too big, not a mobile processor (high battery comsupmtion) and i couldnt really use it on the road.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12