1.    #1  
    Hello all-

I'm in a bit of an unlucky spot and thought to post here in case there may be someone who experienced something similar.

I just returned from vacation and as luck would have it, I damaged my Treo 600 for a second time (beyond repair - don't ask). I just replaced my Treo back in June after I dropped it and cracked the screen. This was done through Lockline - to which, it was a pretty fast process. I paid my $50 deductible, and received my refurbed 600 within a couple of days. Hoping I could use the service again, I called Lockline today and their service recording said I wasn't able to receive another replacement for 11 months.

I understand this policy is probably so people don't abuse their service, but I'm now stuck without a phone and not sure what to do next. I'm fearing that I now have to purchase another phone, but has anyone had any luck with Lockline assisting them a second time?

thanks in advance for any advice...
    How did you break it, if I may ask.
    [QUOTE=ILL Robinson]I called Lockline today and their service recording said I wasn't able to receive another replacement for 11 months.
    QUOTE]

I don't believe that's right. I think you're allowed two replacements a year. If you call them, make sure they know that it was broken (fall or something) and not that it just stopped working as it's not insured for that. Be sure you cancel the lockline once it's replaced so you don't pay for insurance you can't use for the next year. Here's what it says on their web site:

Wireless Phone Protection
    Insurance coverage for your wireless phone and certain accessories. This coverage is provided by third-party licensed insurance agencies (Asurion or lock\line). If your phone is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged, report your claim within 60 days and the phone will be replaced. As a convenience to you, the monthly fee for this service is charged directly to your Verizon Wireless bill.

$3.99 - $4.99 per month per phone
    $50 Non-refundable deductible per approved claim
    2-Claim limit in any 12-month period (beginning with the date of the first loss)
    $1500 claim limit (inclusive of a $200 accessory limit)
    Last edited by RickMG; 08/25/2005 at 11:42 PM.
  4.    #4  
    [QUOTE=RickMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by ILL Robinson
    I called Lockline today and their service recording said I wasn't able to receive another replacement for 11 months.
    QUOTE]

I don't believe that's right. I think you're allowed two replacements a year. If you call them, make sure they know that it was broken (fall or something) and not that it just stopped working as it's not insured for that. Be sure you cancel the lockline once it's replaced so you don't pay for insurance you can't use for the next year. Here's what it says on their web site:

Wireless Phone Protection
    Insurance coverage for your wireless phone and certain accessories. This coverage is provided by third-party licensed insurance agencies (Asurion or lock\line). If your phone is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged, report your claim within 60 days and the phone will be replaced. As a convenience to you, the monthly fee for this service is charged directly to your Verizon Wireless bill.

$3.99 - $4.99 per month per phone
    $50 Non-refundable deductible per approved claim
    2-Claim limit in any 12-month period (beginning with the date of the first loss)
    $1500 claim limit (inclusive of a $200 accessory limit)

Hey Rick-

Right you were! I called Lockline this morning and received the same message saying that I was beyond my plan to receive a 2nd replacement. However, when I spoke with a rep they said that wasnt the case and hooked me up with my next refurb. Wasn't able to convert it into a 650, but better than not having a phone at all. Thanks again for the advice (and looking at the fine print)!
    Quote Originally Posted by ILL Robinson
    Hey Rick-

Right you were! I called Lockline this morning and received the same message saying that I was beyond my plan to receive a 2nd replacement. However, when I spoke with a rep they said that wasnt the case and hooked me up with my next refurb. Wasn't able to convert it into a 650, but better than not having a phone at all. Thanks again for the advice (and looking at the fine print)!
    Wew!!! Glad this helped. This board can be a source of great info (I can't tell you how much I've learned) and it's really good that you double checked by asking.