1.    #1  
    I know that i have seen this discussed here before, but I think it really bears repeating. I have been a retractible cable junky for some time now. When I got my 650, I bought a cable from Seidio and from Boxwave. They were both roughly the same, and they both took a bit of finesse to get adjust the connector just right so that it would both charge my Treo AND hotsync. In short, they were both lousy. Still, i would carry a lousy retractible over a good full cable any day.

Then, my boxwave cable died, the connector cracked under the pressure of me repeatedly trying to shove it in tighter to the treo. I read (on this website) about the newer Seidio cable with a hotsync button. It was five dollars more, buy hey, what the heck. I saw people commenting that the connector was better, but how could it be that better. I think the new 650 connector sucks, anyway.

When I got it, I say immediately that the connector seemed a millimeter or two deeper than the ones I was replacing. It fit snugly. Once the connection was made, it was made. No jiggling. I could even dangle the treo by the cord, while it was hotsyncing, without any interuption.

In short. If you are in the market, DO NOT BUY THE RETRACTIBLE CABLE UNLESS IT HAS THE HOTSYNC BUTTON. ALL OTHERS ARE JUNK. THE SEIDIO RETRACTIBLE WITH THE HOTSYNC IS THE ONLY ONE WORTH PAYING MONEY FOR!!!

Thank you for listening to my endorsement. I am in no way affiliated with Seidio or this web site (which sells them, and gives great service, and helps promote this web site, by the way).
    It's my favorite accessory. I take it everywhere I go.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip. I could use one of those...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    I'll add my recommendation to the list. I just received mine in the mail yesterday and love it! It's so nice not to have to wind up yet another cable when I take my setup on the road.
    My Treo's Stats:
    650 Unlocked/Unbranded GSM <br>1.71 Firmware w/ 1.20 ENA
    Carrier: Cingular
    Current BT Headset: Treo Wireless
    GPS: TomTom5 + BT338
    Tried to order one with the battery charger. One or the other is back-ordered.
    I have the same "jiggle now it's mostly broken" problem with my sync-n-charge - if it finally breaks forever i'll pick up the new one you mention - thanks!
    I have one of these. Its great and I've never had any problems. Works great on my laptop at work.
    MadSuburbanDad
    Diary of a Mad Suburban Dad
    Selected "Best of MSN" Website
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Tried to order one with the battery charger. One or the other is back-ordered.
    Please try again as both items are in stock.

Seidio
    I also recommend this cable. I was one of the people that bashed Seidio and other 3rd party manufacturers for using a poorly designed connector on the Treo 650 side of the cable.

Seidio stepped up and came up with a much better end connector. I've been using mine without issue every since. I think it's been about 6 months now with lots of road warrior travel.
    Mine fried somehow - no longer will sustain a charge or solid data connection. I'll be getting with Seidio for a replacement....
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Please try again as both items are in stock.

Seidio
    Received a message yesterday that they would ship today. UPS does not confirm shipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    Mine fried somehow - no longer will sustain a charge or solid data connection. I'll be getting with Seidio for a replacement....
    Hi nrosser,

Please send me an email dsc@seidio.com with your order #, we will take care of it right away.

David Chang
    Seidio