Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Here's a pic of the taxi. It happened to show up while I was taking photos for the Treo 650 review:

http://www.treocentral.com/images/ad...1103747377.gif
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Does anyone miss the clean look of the Treo 600?

Easter Eggs are good... there were a good amount of then for the old Handspring Visors like one where the logo would do handsprings across the screen...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Just saw the Taxi for the second time, I turned it on to my wifes T-E as well and we are stuck watching them like crazy. I love this thing.
    Still no taxi . . . . . months, it is. . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 08/25/2005 at 10:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Does anyone miss the clean look of the Treo 600?

Easter Eggs are good... there were a good amount of then for the old Handspring Visors like one where the logo would do handsprings across the screen...
    Good times.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    I found the easter egg and then it disappeared and it will not come back. Maybe since my treo is shutting itself off every hour, I probably will never see the taxi or another egg.
    The taxi popped up whils watching Comedy Time on the MobiTV beta.

You could only see it when it went below the screen area. The funny thing is the video stopped, then as soon as the taxi left the screen the video went real fast untill it "caught up" to the sound. It looked hilarious!!!
    Last edited by Dragonman; 08/26/2005 at 12:33 AM.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by supershawn
    Great. I finally think I am getting this thing figured out and now I am going to end up spending my afternoon staring at the screen waiting for a taxi cab to drive by.

I really need to get a life.
    Yeah, you do need to get a life. You're not going to see it by waiting and staring at the screen. It's highly unpredictable, you'll forget all about it before you catch a glimpse of it cruising across your screen. More then likely you'll blurt out "Taxi!" when you see it - and everyone around you will think that you're nuts.

Dunc
    I see the Taxi on an average of once a day. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I spend HOURS upon HOURS staring at the screen reading ebooks in isilo.
    Finally saw it!
    Did that earlier this week. In a meeting and pulled out the phone to access some info in my Memos...Have had the Egg on for months with no traffic sightings. Sitting in this meeting and saw the taxi and blurted out "Oh ****, there is the damn thing!" Needless to say, the line of discussion stopped and all eyes turned my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    Yeah, you do need to get a life. You're not going to see it by waiting and staring at the screen. It's highly unpredictable, you'll forget all about it before you catch a glimpse of it cruising across your screen. More then likely you'll blurt out "Taxi!" when you see it - and everyone around you will think that you're nuts.

Dunc
    Please note that if you're listening to my advice, you should have your head examined. Doing as I say could lead to mental illness, injury, or even death.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    So I did some surfing and found the following info, I have done about 30 times now on my wifes T-E but I want to know how to do it on my Treo.

Any thoughts!

This Easter Egg will present a little buggy that drives across the screen.

You first need to activate "The Easter Egg" in the Palm OS. This will enable certain Palm OS Easter Eggs. To do this:

In the Application Launcher, tap in the upper right menu and select System.
    Tap on Prefs.
    In the lower right hand side of the screen draw a little clockwise circle. If you do it correctly, a little Easter Egg should appear. To remove it, simply draw a counterclockwise circle around the Egg.
    Switch to Memo Pad. (Press the Memo Pad button or tap on Memo Pad in the main menu of the Application Launcher.)
    Hold down the Scroll down button.
    While keeping the button pressed, draw a line from the middle of the Graffiti area to the left edge of the case. The line should go between the two silkscreen icons. If you do this correctly a little car should drive by the screen.

Handspring has updated this Easter Egg to show a sporty red convertible on the Visor Prism. On the HandEra 330 the Egg is called up by opening the Prefs and writing "handera".
    About a week and a half....

I'm happy to the maxi - I just saw the taxi

Dude drove right to left accross the main phone screen!!

-jeff
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    Hey, I just saw the taxi for the first time. I was looking through photos as a slide show and it just drove by. Took about a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    Hey, I just saw the taxi for the first time. I was looking through photos as a slide show and it just drove by. Took about a month.

6 months I have been on the corner waiting for a taxi to come by. . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden

6 months I have been on the corner waiting for a taxi to come by. . . . .

Still?? I see mine at least two or three times a week.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Still?? I see mine at least two or three times a week.
    Well, actually --- 6 months spread over two different units.

I am starting to take this personally.

Must be an over 50 thing.

Discrimination !!
    I've finally seen it! Three days ago I was playing a game of spider solitare and there it went. Whoever said that you' d scream "taxi" was right. My husband looked at me like I was crazy. I haven't seen it since but the first time was exciting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Well, actually --- 6 months spread over two different units.

I am starting to take this personally.

Must be an over 50 thing.

Discrimination !!

I SAW IT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally!!
    Wow you taxi must have taken a wrong turn in Albuquerque
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast