1.    #1  
    I just got my 1st Bluetooth headset. I went with the Palm version because of the power supply compatibility and good reviews on sound quality.

After using it for a day I am not impressed with the whole Bluetooth setup.

Here are my annoyances:
    1. Turning on bluetooth also activates system sounds which I have turned off

2. Seems to lose the ability to use my speaker phone if the BT headset is paired up.

3. There seems to be a longer delay when turning on my Treo with the power button if BT is enabled

4. Hate the blinking blue light on the headset

I will give it a few more days. If things don't improve this thing goes in the drawer.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Also, I have found that if I call someone using the BT Headset(pushing the button twice to redail) and then I change my mind and hang up before it is connected I always get a reset!

It is crazy
    Let me know if either of you would like to get rid of the headset. I would like to have a bt headset
    I just got mine. Audio is OK. It takes a few seconds to pick up but I have gotten used to that. But the 650 has randomly reset about 4 times in two days since I have been using it ????
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    I just got my 1st Bluetooth headset. I went with the Palm version because of the power supply compatibility and good reviews on sound quality.

After using it for a day I am not impressed with the whole Bluetooth setup.

Here are my annoyances:
    1. Turning on bluetooth also activates system sounds which I have turned off

2. Seems to lose the ability to use my speaker phone if the BT headset is paired up.

3. There seems to be a longer delay when turning on my Treo with the power button if BT is enabled

I will give it a few more days. If things don't improve this thing goes in the drawer.
    1. I just mute everything so I haven't experienced that.

2. Yep. It is Bluetooth or nothing. This is Treo problem...not related to particular headset.

3. Didn't notice any delay in startup but my Treo is always on.

4. Huge bright blinking light is stupid.

I'd add.

5. Headset in general looks a bit cheesy.

6. Headset, not being sealed to ear, is not as loud as I'd like and allows too much outside noise to get into ear. Solved this by adding Jabra earpiece.

7. Range sucks (also a Treo 650 problem...I've tried other headsets and they were even worse.)

8. Slow to pick up (again a Treo 650 problem.)

9. Only can hook up with one Bluetooth device at a time and lose coupling everytime another bluetooth device is used. (another Treo 650 problem.)

Having said all that, the headset works if I stay within its constraints and it beats having a cord dangling to catch on things.
    I don't think I understand #2.

If a call comes in and your headset picks up the call, you can toggle back to handset mode by pressing or selecting the button on the phone screen that shows the little headset icon. Once you do that, you can then toggle to speakerphone mode.

Don't have my BT headset in front of me to try but I'm pretty sure that works.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I have nothing to compare it to, as it's the only one I've used, but I'm pretty happy with the Palm Bluetooth Headset.
    So basically, the thread should be titled "Bluetooth on Treo sucks", not "Palm BT headset sucks". These problems will occur no matter what headset you use.
    Scotty, you are correct about the speakerphone set up.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts

Expidia: I don't find that, I just turn BT headset off to use speaker phone.

Expidia: Have not experienced this one either yet.

Expidia: I thought at first the light was hokey too, but no where close to that big blue obnoxious flashing faceplate on the 850 (I'm surprised it does not flash the word MOTOROLA each time) but I find the Treos light ok now because it tells me after I've removed it from my ear if I've remembered to turn the headset off. I kinda like the looks of the light now, it's grown on me and when it's on my ear I don't see it anyway. But for your tastes you could always take a black or blue sharpie and color the light in. This way you could still see it but very dim.
    Or cut small electrical tape piece to fit the light to make it completely opaque.

Overall: When I compare it to the $99 Motorola HS-850 it has the same clarity for 1/2 the price and much lighter and more comfortable on ear when wearing it all day. But the auto features were my selling point. Nothing beats the phone ringing twice in your pocket and the Treo auto connecting. Call waiting, call hold, picking up another call while other caller is on line by pressing one button is great. Same cord charging is a plus too.

I don't think at this point in time there is any perfect Bluetooth headset out there yet. Having the $50 BT Treo now is fine for me because when the internal battery dies we are going to have to upgrade anyway. By that time there should be even better choices out there.

I've also found depending on the day (signal bars change in my house daily with Verizon) the headset works flawlessly the stronger the Treo 650 signal is. I'd blame the provider or the Treo 650 for quirks rather than the design of the BT Treo headset.

From reading other threads, appears there is no uniform positive user consensus on any Bluetooth headset available to date.
    Last edited by Expidia; 08/30/2005 at 06:50 PM.
    i was also wondering about the ring twice in your pocket and then automatic connection. what is that.
    I got mine free from palm and have been trying it out. Only I have been using it with my G4 Powerbook as I want to use it to answer VOIP calls using Xten's X-Phone (and Eyebeam once I can get it to work). I don't need to use it in the car as I already have a BT car kit. Whilst it picks and and sends sound fine and I can listen to iTunes using it, there are a couple of glitches. I can't pick up and terminate calls using its button (may be an XTen isue?). And if it disconnects for whatever reason I can only get the sound back by re-pairing. Great potential but a few niggles.

Perhaps I should only use it with the Treo, so I can take notes whilst on the phone?
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CLEANFLIX
    i was also wondering about the ring twice in your pocket and then automatic connection. what is that.
    Expidia says: My first model tested: the Motorola HS-850 was OK but one had to press the button on the headset to pick up an incoming call. The BT Treo is "automatic" meaning you don't have to press anything to pick up the call. I set the phone pref to two rings which gives me time to look at the caller ID to see if I want to accept the call or reject it to voice mail.

I can keep the 650 in my pocket because I have set different rings for family members. This way when I'm driving and I hear this shrill annoying ring I know it's just my Wife calling and I reject it
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p