Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Dont know if you guys have seen this yet, but the latest version of Little John Palm has been released over at the new and fancy website here:
    http://tinnus.gp32z.com/ljp/

Many users on yoyofr's forum report it working fine on the treo 650, whilst mine crashes after saying "this version should be more stable." Can anyone else get it to work? Any hints?

Currently I am using 0.9.2 which seems to work fine for NES - and havent tried SNES.

I beat Super Mario 3 during a meeting at work today!

If anyone else is interested in the problem I have been having with RC2 and any progress, see: http://yoyofr.proboards44.com/index....ead=1124749094

basically I have tried:
    Cold Reset
    Disable all third party apps (nothing under 'hede' in palminternals)
    udmh various configs
    uninstall/reinstall/etc.
    have latest cingular firmware.

If you get it to work, please report your model/firmware/carrier.
    Tried it and caused a soft reset after "this version should be more stable" message. Then I enabled UDMH and it seemed to load fine. However, when I switched to SNES, it reset again even with UDMH enabled. According to the readme, SNES needs 10+ MB heap!! I guess UDMH can't do that much...

Anyway, haven't tried any roms yet...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    I've been using this for about a week with no resets. SNES never has worked for me though, even with UDMH.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Tried it and caused a soft reset after "this version should be more stable" message. Then I enabled UDMH and it seemed to load fine. However, when I switched to SNES, it reset again even with UDMH enabled. According to the readme, SNES needs 10+ MB heap!! I guess UDMH can't do that much...

Hmm ... thats good info, maybe I'll play with UDMH a little more. Yea, UDMH can do as big of a heap as you have free on your treo. You should have over 4 megs in memory, and then if you have 6 mergs of space that it can turn into dynamic memory you should be fine.
    I have been using this for a while now. Yes it is buggy. I only use it for NES and Genisis. SNES, it only worked once. I have had some problems but I got it working again. It's great if you can get it working.
    ----
    Graphics and Animation
    http://www.anim8tions.com
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic

Love that avatar.
    ----
    Graphics and Animation
    http://www.anim8tions.com
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by deanfx
    I've been using this for about a week with no resets. SNES never has worked for me though, even with UDMH.
    I have found that SNES shows a bunch of errors, but if you just keep tapping onthe screen until the menu comes up and hit "reset SNES" suddenyl it works. Try it and let me know if it works for you.

BTW, with UDMH I show 13 megs free memory - do you have that much?
    Reviving this thread for a NEW issue... (Seems to be the most appropriate thread.)

Anyway, for the LJP NES emulator, I make the following button assignments:

Phone = Select
    Calendar = Start
    Mail = B
    Power = A
    5-way up, down, left, right = Control pad up, down, left right

(This configuration is closest to that of the original NES controller.)

Anyway, since the 5-way is so tiny, my clumsy thumb often hits the 5-way centre button when I aim down. Unfortunately, for some reason, EVERY TIME I aim down (and accidentally hit the centre button) and hit B at the same time, LJP pauses my game!

This isn't crippling or anything; really just more of a nuissance, but I get killed in Contra more often than I'd like to because of it. :-)

Any suggestions for a solution (of how to completely unassign the centre button)?

Thanks in advance,

Steve
    Surely there must be some gamers here having the same problem?

:-)

Steve
    Steve,

Yeah, I get this and all others get it too. Apparently the combination of buttons ends up triggering the button. It's ridiculous, and it's everyone's treo unfortunately suffers from it in all applications (including other emulators).

It stinks. 600 didn't have that problem. Here's hoping 700P doesn't suffer from it.

TRICK
    The trick is to not assign the button that is mapped to Start to anything. That way, it doesn't get triggered. Assign that button to top right of the screen.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    By the way LPJ is awesome program for NES and GB roms. Snes do not work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Flow
    Surely there must be some gamers here having the same problem?

:-)

Steve
    snes works with my LJP wchich is version 1rsc2. all u need to have is a lot of dynamic for the snes to work. in my treo i have 19MB free space, i moved most of my apps to the card. i use UDMH btw.
    I guess the nasty hack UDMH is required for LJP on the Treo 650, as I've never gotten it to work on mine. If I manage to get to where you can load a rom, it resets immediately after picking one. Usually it resets before it even gives any interaction.
    Hey guys... Got my SNES working with the UDMH hack.

To g-funkster: Thanks for the tip! Much appreciated.

This forum is great. :-)

Steve
    You definitely will need UDMH to get LJP to play most SNES games correctly. I have my UDMH set to 15000 and also PXAclocker to 468Mhtz. Able to play Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat and a few others. Wish Killer Instict would play though. Just can't get it to work. Is there any way to map any other buttons besides the hard buttons? I'm stuck with 1 low punch and 1 low kick. I need med and high also to complete my combos. Would a BT keyboard work?
    SNES roms are very slow when the audio is active - besides shutting off the audio, anybody know a way around this?

Thanks!

Steve
    What games are you playing? I dont have any issue with sound with my current settings.
    Super Mario Kart, Super Mario World, and Street Fighter 2. Again, this is ONLY a problem with SNES. Regular NES and Sega roms work fine with audio - only the SNES is slow with audio (and fine without it).

Should I change my SNES audio settings? Or perhaps there's a UDMH setting I should adjust?

Thanks!
    What's happened to the LJP homepage? I just get a 'Page not found' message....
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Wow. Don't know. You can get some info from their "mirrored" site though:

http://yoyofr92.free.fr/ljp/

In the meantime, anybody have any suggestions about my (above) problem regarding SNES and audio?

Thanks!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast