Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chrislrob,

My understanding from Normsoft's message was that the issue is not one of free Ram, but of NVFS speed. I tried playing the same MP3s w/ RealPlayer and experienced the same skipping when accessing the card to load apps through PowerRun.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Chrisrob,

No problems with mine in Ptunes and Kinoma and using the Palm Treo Headset which required no adapters. Speaking of adapters, check yours carefully. They could be the problem.

I transfer my mp3 files from my mac to the sd card by simply dragging the files to the card. How do you transfer yours? Maybe they are getting corrupted during the transfer? My .02 cents.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    No skipping or other issues here .. default ReeeeealPlayer with OEM stereo headset, transfer via sync.
    --
    j.
    Motorola 1100 (Beige!) -> Nokia 1610 -> Nokia 2110i -> Ericsson GH688 (x3) -> Motorola StarTac Xe (x4) -> Motorola ? (some old CDMA brick) -> Ericsson T28 (+ Palm V) -> Ericsson T10 (+ Palm V) -> Nokia 6210 (+ Palm Vx) -> Sony Ericsson T610 (+ Palm Vx) -> Pa1mOne Treo 650
  4.    #24  
    skfny,

So what did yo do again?
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislrob
    skfny,

So what did yo do again?

I've moved large apps like QuickNews into RAM, so that if I need to use it while PTunes is running, it doesn't create a extended card access. For the most part, as long as I don't access the card for large files with pTunes running in the background, the music doesn't skip.
  6.    #26  
    Shoot. I don't really have that kind of skipping. I have a snap crackle pop thing going on during playback. I don't have large files on my card. it really only has songs and backup.

It's just that sometimes when I switch out of ptunes to a new app it will sounds as though its grinding or something.

I am cursed.
    I've had that skipping also... was driving me crazy until I found out what caused it...
    Whenever I had BrightCam ENABLED The skipping was there... Turn Brightcam off + soft reset and the skipping was gone... so my question to you is: do you have brightcam enabled?

Cheers

/Vigge
  8.    #28  
    Don't have brightcam. But maybe someting else. I don't have much running in the background...
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislrob
    Shoot. I don't really have that kind of skipping. I have a snap crackle pop thing going on during playback. I don't have large files on my card. it really only has songs and backup.

It's just that sometimes when I switch out of ptunes to a new app it will sounds as though its grinding or something.

I am cursed.

Are there any specific apps that cause the grinding?
  10.    #30  
    I'm trying to figure that out skfny.
    it may be that the card is not fitting into the slot snugly. I 've read a post a long time ago about that. I'm sorry I don't have one to refer to for it.
  12.    #32  
    thanks kmom. Could be though new treo and everything else reads perfectly. It pops and crackles just sitting on my desk.
  13.    #33  
    Okay, so if I take my card out of the slot, I sometimes get the skipping stuttering sound. Pretty sure that I don't have anything being read from the card at the time. I don't mean mp3s are playing at the time.
    Backup your system or remember what is on it. Do a hard reset and purge everything from the treo. Once done load 1 mp3 to the card and play that.

if it still causes problems, take it back to the place where you got it from.

If I can play a 300mb OGM file with TCPMP and all the mp3's I want from a standard 1GB SD SanDisk you should be able to as well.
    T650 - it will terminate itself!!
  15.    #35  
    Thanks, soldier bob. But I give up.

I did a hard reset and loaded no third-party apps except card export. And bought a new sd card yesterday. Regular speed.

I gave up on realplayer long ago because it played like crap AND soft reset halfway through various songs. And now, after all of that, it still soft resets after snap crackling and popping. I've got no reason to believe that it will do any different with ptunes although I'll check later.

I *cannot* afford to take my phone back. It works nearly flawlessly except when it comes to mp3's and movies. As someone that owned 4 different defective Kyo 7135's, I can't roll the dice just so that I can play "Backstabbers" on my phone!

Just not worth it.

But at least ptunes will play songs all the way through.

I'll just think of my phone as a Porsche with an 8-track in the dash!

Thanks for your help everyone.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12