1.    #1  
    First off, I finally made the jump from a long time standard cell user to a full fledged "smartphone road warrior" (Treo 650-Verizon) and want to say Ive already found a lot of useful info on this site. While Im pretty savy when it comes to PC's, Im clueless about anything Palm, so please bear with me over the next month or so as my posts may seem a bit "newbish".

Now that Ive got this wonderful toy, I know that its pretty much required to pick up a decent SD card for it to make up for one of its few shortcomings.

Ive searched around a bit and found that the general consensus is at least a Gig and no more than 2 as the treo wont read more than that.

It also seems (and please correct me if Im wrong) that from what Ive gathered here, and other forums, that SanDisk cards are a pretty good bet.

So that leads me to 2 questions:

1. I dont plan on using my treo for music at all, so is it really needed to go with a 2gb card?

2. While I currently use one for my digital camera, is there any real reason to go with the 'Ultra' / Hi performance versions of these cards, or do the standard entry level ones suffice?

Thanks a bunch in advance!
    If you won't be using the treo for music or movies, then a 1GB card should suffice.

The reason people recommend the Ultra II's or faster cards is mainly for speed (duh!) and transferring. The faster cards in card readers (USB, Firewire, PCMCIA) and the Treo read and write faster. you will find a significant speed boost in opening apps and saving pics to the SD card with a faster card.

If you just want to dump stuff on the card and don't really care about speed, then save your money and go with the standard ones. I do recommend going with a faster card though (if you can spend the money). Once you start playing with the Treo you will start adding applications and other things and will probably wish you got the faster one.

Just my opinion.
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trowa
    If you won't be using the treo for music or movies, then a 1GB card should suffice.

The reason people recommend the Ultra II's or faster cards is mainly for speed (duh!) and transferring. The faster cards in card readers (USB, Firewire, PCMCIA) and the Treo read and write faster. you will find a significant speed boost in opening apps and saving pics to the SD card with a faster card.

If you just want to dump stuff on the card and don't really care about speed, then save your money and go with the standard ones. I do recommend going with a faster card though (if you can spend the money). Once you start playing with the Treo you will start adding applications and other things and will probably wish you got the faster one.

Just my opinion.
    I concur.
  4.    #4  
    Excellent. Thanks for the quick replies guys.
    I'd recommend the San Disk Ultra II SD Plus. Its what I run. I like it becuase you don't need an external USB connector to put files on it. As a result, I keep a few programs, business documents and some other stuff on there that I can share with other PCs. Its also a great way to sneaker net files in a pinch!

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/SanDi...oductDetail.do