1.    #1  
    I downloaded the monkey tone software, (send new tones to cell phone>, and it told me i had to update my IR to support SMS messaging. I updated to the Enhanced IR from palm. Then when i tried to send the tones, it brought up a screen saying it was sending however my visor was frozen. I then proceded to do a reset but it did not work, it went into a reset loop. I then had to do a hard reset. I tried it again after reinstalling and the same thing happened. Is it the Ir update or monkeytone? anybody else experience these problems.
    The nerds will have their revenge!!!
    i think it might be the IR software. I remember downloading software for enhancing the IR on the Visor, however, it wasn't directly from Palm. Somebody took the Palm update and wrote a small app to go along with it so that it was compatible on the visor...

i know it's on this board somewhere....i'll try searching and meet you back here!

ok, i'm back...

i found this...http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/showthread.php?threadid=3060

i can also email you the zip file i have...i'm not sure if it's the same thing as discussed here (i don't have an IR port to test but when i downloaded the software, it was off a link on this site where many said it worked fine)

back again!
    i unzipped the file i have and sure enough there was a URL.

http://www.tt.rim.or.jp/~tatsushi

look under the 'Simple PalmWares' link on the left...then scroll to the bottom of the software list...the last item is BeamSync for the Visor.

the zip file comes with english and japanese instructions (you'll still need some files from Palm's IR update...)
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, i'm in school now so i'll try it when i get home. Can't wait to get the doors on my cell phone ;-)
  4.    #4  
    Hoser, question, does this update do everything that the palm update does or does it just allow you to do Ir hotsyncing? Also, a little random but, does anybody know if AT&T support SMS on their cell phones?
    i believe it's only for hotsyncing....since it sets up a page in your 'Prefs' to turn it off or on....as far as communicating with a cell phone, for wireless internet, i'm not sure. i don't have a cell phone with IR (or a computer with IR for that matter!)
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?