Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    I've had the 850-HS for a week now and it works OK with the 650 but I'd would like to hear a little more volume in the earpiece. Maybe I don't have it adusted just right yet.

But I also have an unopened Treo Palmone headset. The HS-850 at Bestbuy was $99 but they took 20% off so with tax it was $88.

I can return it and get my $88 back, I still have 3 weeks to return it.

The Treo BT PalmOne headset came today in a package deal from www.Danscellphones@.com
    but I didn't want to open it until I get some feed back that it's at least as good as the 850-HS. The Treo Palmone goes for $59.95 on a few sites (prob list) but I'd rather get my $88 back at Bestbuy and keep the Treo Palmone since it came in the package. It probably equals the $79 Motorola model with out the boom mic.

Can anyone let me know their experience with the Treo headset. I do like the little fold out extended boom on the 850 cause I thought it brings the mike a little closer to my mouth but people say I sound like I'm in a tunnel anyway sometimes.

Note: one xtra with Treo headset is that it uses same power cable as 650. But it's huge as its the multi ac adapter's included type, unlike the small OEM treo 650 charger and you still have to carry two cables if you want to charge both at once.

How's the Treo PalmOne headset?
    Lots of threads on headsets in bluetooth forum. I have the Treo headset. Sound volume is not great because it doesn't fit tight in ear. Easy to fix though by attqching Jabra earpiece. Since it isn't designed for earpiece, it doesn't stay on well. Some people resolve by gluing. With earpiece it can be way too loud....amazing the difference.

Outgoing sound is fine without needing boom. Noise cancelation is fairly good too.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Thx, I have some Jabra earpieces from old cellphone ear phones. I'll try it out. It's true the 850 has a soft rubber flange but that doesn't fit well on or in your ear anyway. When I looked at the Treo I was surprised to see "nothing" at all on the earpiece. Kinda chinsy in design.
    I too am curious about the comparison. I bought a Motorola 850 online for $49.99, but I have the Treo one on the way as a free gimme with the 650 purchase. The most frustrating element for me is the 850's delay in connecting to the phone when making or answering a call -- sometimes a call will roll to voicemail before it actually connects. I also find that sometimes I have to place a call twice -- the first time nothing is audible from either the phone or the headset. I have hopes that the Treo headset will pair more effectively with the phone. Any feedback on that? Am I doing something wrong with the 850?
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by northward
    I too am curious about the comparison. I bought a Motorola 850 online for $49.99, but I have the Treo one on the way as a free gimme with the 650 purchase. The most frustrating element for me is the 850's delay in connecting to the phone when making or answering a call -- sometimes a call will roll to voicemail before it actually connects. I also find that sometimes I have to place a call twice -- the first time nothing is audible from either the phone or the headset. I have hopes that the Treo headset will pair more effectively with the phone. Any feedback on that? Am I doing something wrong with the 850?
    Expidia says: I think I covered a lot of the ? you are looking for in this thread yesterday. I just returned the 850 back to BestBuy and opted to keep the Treo. I think you will find as I did none of them are perfect due to the technology being so new. But for the price and extra features the Treo matches up very well with the 650.

I'd be interested in hearing back your findings after you have used it for a few days because it's so subjective to one's own personal tastes just like a particular PDA model is.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=94220