1.    #1  
    I'm being told that a banding/overlay issue is because of the way the anti-glare protector works with the high-res screen of the 650.

However, I didn't have this issue with an older Anti-Glare on the same screen, and I haven't heard of anyone else here having the same issue.

So has anyone else seen this with the Cleartouch Anti-glare?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I have it on mine. Pretty much invisible when the treo is on.
  3.    #3  
    Whoever moved this, can it please be moved back to the 650 forum as Boxwave claims that it's specific to high res screens (650) and I'd like to find out from people who are using the 650 only, not the 600, 300, etc.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Pablo--I'm using it on my 650 and it looks and wears great.
    peejayemm
    I use it on my 650 and it's great!
    I just got a 3 pack and haven't put it on yet. Is there any magic to how to put it on (like the one I have now that goes under the sides of the screen and you need to do it basically in a bathroom with the steam going so you don't get lint stuck underneath)?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the input.

As of now, Boxwave maintaints that mine is not defective, even though I've never seen or heard of this before.

I've ordered a 3-pack (2 anti-glare and 1 crystal) and will see how that goes.

TheTreoGuy,

It's very easy to install, you just may have to clean the screen protector fairly well before the first installation. Something you shouldn't have to do with a new product, but to ensure a clear screen and not have to fix it after a few weeks, make sure everything is very clean prior to installation.
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    It's very easy to install, you just may have to clean the screen protector fairly well before the first installation. Something you shouldn't have to do with a new product....
    You don't clean the [i]screen protector[/a]; it's sealed. You clean the screen because it's got dust particles, hairs, etc.

I LOVE THE ANTI-GLARES. I never have to wipe the screen but once a week or less (prolly less...once every 2-4 weeks), it prevents glare while I'm outside, and the screen is almost too bright in my opinion whether I'm indoors or outdoors (way to go transreflectivity) so the tiniest of dimming is not even close to a problem.
    I don't use and haven't seen the anti glare protectors, but suspect that they may have some sort of polarizer to them. The two methods of reducing glare in eyewear are...

Polarized lenses - these lenses have a polarized filter that blocks "reflected" glare off of other objects. This is the type of glare that causes you to squint outside and can almost be painful. Polarized filters that are clear in color might have some, (no medium including air is 100 clear) but probably minimal effects! Most eyecare professional will tell you that polarized sunglasses are the best thing available with a few task specific exceptions.

Anti-Reflective Coatings - These coating reduce glare caused by internal reflections within a medium. Eyeglass lenses without these coatings only transmit 82-92% of the light (depending on the lens material) through to the eye (In other words, you're only getting about 85-90% of the doctors prescription through uncoated lenses. With AR, transmission increases to 99-99.5% of the light coming through to the eyes. The ability to see and differentiate colors and details increase significantly.

AR coatings (like those on good camera and binocular lenses) will usually have a slightly blue or green hue to their reflection. If you see this, than that's what they used. If not they may have a polarized filter.

Try rotating the screen protector 90 degrees as polarizers have a distinct axis through a lens.

Side note: LCD screens have polarizers in them and it used to be you couldn't read the instrument panels in some cars with polarized lenses. They now rotate the film 45 degrees on newer lcd's and have fixed that problem. If you take a polarized lens and look through it at another polarized lens and rotate one of them, they will black out at 90 degrees since thay are now blocking light in both the vertical and horizontal meridians.

Sorry if I ramble on, but I teach this stuff for a living!

All that said, they could be trying some other method involving Keebler Elves or something like that!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    You don't clean the [i]screen protector[/a]; it's sealed. You clean the screen because it's got dust particles, hairs, etc.
    I meant what I said. The last two screen protectors I received from Boxwave had adhesive residue from the sticker affixed to the backing (telling you to take it off) that required cleaning of the protector prior to installation.

Yes, it's sealed, but the adhesive nature of the sticker in place caused me to have to clean it (multiple times) before installation.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyedeas
    Try rotating the screen protector 90 degrees as polarizers have a distinct axis through a lens.
    I did that, and the pattern went to an approximately 30-degree horizontal upwards to the right, to a more vertical patter, leading me to believe it was the actual screen protector and not any polarizing/moire effect.
  12.    #12  
    Here's an image of the screen (photo, not screen capture) immediately after installation. The lines aren't as visible here as they are to the naked eye, but you can still see them.

http://home.earthlink.net/~paul.r/images/screen.jpg

Has anyone else seen this?

(the off-color "dots" are bubbles that have since been smoothed out)
    I just put mine on and seems nice. Two questions. If I need to pull it off, what's the best way (sticky tape?)? Also, it seems to almost but not quite fit the entire screen. I assume that's normal? It is/was very tough to get out the air bubbles. Did I do something wrong?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  14.    #14  
    Yes, tape is the best way to remove them. You must press firmly if the proctector is stuck well.

It's normal to not completely fill the screen.

If you washed the protector or used some sort of liquid to clean the screen, they may be water trapped between the two surfaces. If so, they'll evaporate pretty quickly. I never had an issue with air bubbles, but if they persist, you may try to lift it and start with one side and press down as you lay it down and force the air out one side.