1.    #1  
    I have a Cingular branded t650 that is unlocked and is used for T-mobile. When i go to palm one's site to download new firmware, which version do i choose? the cingular version or the unlocked/unbranded version? does it matter? Also, what firmware will i need to be able to use bluetooth DUN?
    The latest firmware should enable BT DUN. If the phone has factory firmware in it, then you should use the Cingular update from the Palm site. The locked/unlocked status of the phone has nothing to do with what firmware you use.

Check the firmware version of the phone (while the dialpad is up, press the menu key, select Options then Phone Info. The Software section will say something like Treo 650-1.04-CNG. The important part is the last three-letter string. CNG means there's Cingular Orange firmware on it. CNB means Cingular Blue (Cingular branded but from the aold AT&T Wireless) and ROW means Rest of World and someone had already put a new firmware load on the phone. You want to select a firmware version that matches these last three letters.
    Quote Originally Posted by emuyshondt
    The latest firmware should enable BT DUN. If the phone has factory firmware in it, then you should use the Cingular update from the Palm site. The locked/unlocked status of the phone has nothing to do with what firmware you use.

Check the firmware version of the phone (while the dialpad is up, press the menu key, select Options then Phone Info. The Software section will say something like Treo 650-1.04-CNG. The important part is the last three-letter string. CNG means there's Cingular Orange firmware on it. CNB means Cingular Blue (Cingular branded but from the aold AT&T Wireless) and ROW means Rest of World and someone had already put a new firmware load on the phone. You want to select a firmware version that matches these last three letters.
    Does this mean the the Treo I just got 2 days ago (Cingular), that has a DUN option in the BT settings, will actually work and I don't need to use PDANet?
    Various phones + Pocket PC's + Treo 650 (that's been through hell and back) -->Treo 750w
    If it has the latest firmware (Treo650-1.15-CNG) then BT DUN is enabled and you do not need PDANet. You will have to set up DUN on your PC/Mac. PDANet makes this process very easy, but if you follow the instructions on the Palm web site, DUN is not too bad either. It just takes a few more steps to set it up. Afterwards, it is as easy to use as PDANet.