1.    #1  
    Does anyone know anything about the fact that picture messaging with Verizon on a Treo, transmitts via their DATA network, and is based on amount of Kilobites sent? I guess most regular, non-pda phones can send picture messages just like a TXT message. I got my latest bill and it was for around $800. Apparently when you send a picture with your treo, the data network remains active for some unknown amount of time. I didnt know this, and it kinda made me not want my Treo Phone. I didnt get a data plan because I dont need internet access on my phone. I pay $5 monthly for unlimited TXT an PIX messages... whats the point? On top of that I have to pay for the amt of time the data network is connected? Is there any way to control this, or to know how long the data is transmitting. I'm very discouraged from wanting this phone...
    I would call and complain. It's their poor MMS software that's the problem.
    Other verizon phones aren't charged data fees and certainly don't remain connected and billing for pix msging.
    In the future you have to make sure to disconnect after sending a picture. The problem is the connectio nremains open if someone sends you a picture and you don't notice.
    It's fairly simple to make sure the network is not connected. Set it to warn you before it connects, take the time to understand when it will connect (when sending MSM, etc), and look at your phone when you use it. When it is connected to the network, there are two little green arrows up in the corner by the status bars.

I was worried about this too when I got my phone, but I realized its as simple as not using the features that require the network, and to keep a lookout for those arrows when using the phone and disconnect if they are active. Mine always warns me or asks before connecting to the network, so I never have problems with it connecting without me knowing.

Also, I'm sure you know this, but just in case...Verizons $5 unlimited plan means unlimited between other verizon clients, not unlimited messages in general. You get charged per message after 50 messages to other cell clients.
  4.    #4  
    Ok, how do I set my phone to warn me? Its does ask "this requires a conection be made". Its easy enough to "not use" those features, but its a camera phone... I should choose to not send pix? Some one sends me a picture, and BAM! Data useage charge??? I dont use any other data apps. Also, I pay $5 for unlimited txt AND pix. Verizon fails to tell you that I'm also charged a DATA fee for any pictures sent. Why pay twice? I thank you for the help. I'm just not willing to "not use" my picture messaging when $5 is already added to my bill for it.

Quote Originally Posted by serijules
    It's fairly simple to make sure the network is not connected. Set it to warn you before it connects, take the time to understand when it will connect (when sending MSM, etc), and look at your phone when you use it. When it is connected to the network, there are two little green arrows up in the corner by the status bars.

I was worried about this too when I got my phone, but I realized its as simple as not using the features that require the network, and to keep a lookout for those arrows when using the phone and disconnect if they are active. Mine always warns me or asks before connecting to the network, so I never have problems with it connecting without me knowing.

Also, I'm sure you know this, but just in case...Verizons $5 unlimited plan means unlimited between other verizon clients, not unlimited messages in general. You get charged per message after 50 messages to other cell clients.