1.    #1  
    [B]Does anyone know about a program that allows the user to dial by voice. When I drive it's hard to dial on the phone and this feature would be great to have.... any drawbacks to this program?[[/B]
    Check your Treo650 CD.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan George
    [B]Does anyone know about a program that allows the user to dial by voice. When I drive it's hard to dial on the phone and this feature would be great to have.... any drawbacks to this program?[[/B]
    the app posted by gtwo is by far the best app i have ever seen and used...
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    the app posted by gtwo is by far the best app i have ever seen and used...
    Ditto. This app is built-in on most (if not all) Samsung phones and I used to love using it on my old Samsung A500 and A600 before moving over to the Treos. This was one of the reasons why I upgraded from the 600. Being able to dial the name or number with little or no error is a huge plus. The only drawback is you can't dial the name/number from a Bluetooth headset. You have to speak the name or number directly into the phone. Other than that there's no downside to this app. especially for the price!

What's up Hofo?
    The only problem with Voice Dial software is none of them support Bluetooth Headsets, palm problem not software.
    what I have used for years is Sprints Voice Command @ $5 / month. Works anyway you need and as you stated dialing while driving is a receipe for disaster