Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Some phones (many Nokias, other models too) have a strip in them somewhere that changes color when it gets wet/submerged. I have a suspicion that one of my users dropped his treo in a toilet or something similar, but I'd love to have conclusive proof. The SIM card looks corroded, and his SD card slot isn't working, plus he complains that calls always sound horrible.

I need to smack him around if all of this crap "mysteriously" started happening after he dropped it in a puddle...

I don't feel like taking my own 650 apart to compare, so hopefully someone here knows if it has a "wet strip." TIA!
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    There was an earlier discussion of this. Some people had seen a white dot sticker under the battery, suspecting this was a "water marker", but many other 650s, including my own, don't have this.
    If you poke yourself in the eye five times within a four-second period with the Treo that you suspect has been submerged, a bar will appear on the left side of the screen. If the bar is red, the phone has indeed been dropped in water and you may smack the owner around. But if it's green, you lose.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slem
    If you poke yourself in the eye five times within a four-second period with the Treo that you suspect has been submerged, a bar will appear on the left side of the screen. If the bar is red, the phone has indeed been dropped in water and you may smack the owner around. But if it's green, you lose.
    That was perhaps one of the most useless but entertaining replies I've ever seen on any of the forums I frequent.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenmcg
    I have a suspicion that one of my users dropped his treo in a toilet or something similar, but I'd love to have conclusive proof.
    Users? As in you have a cult? Or you are a Sprint/Cingular/T-Mobile sales rep? If that's the case, shouldn't YOU be telling US if there is a wet strip?
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    Users? As in you have a cult? Or you are a Sprint/Cingular/T-Mobile sales rep? If that's the case, shouldn't YOU be telling US if there is a wet strip?
    I'm sure he means in a business sense.
    I'm back!