1.    #1  
    Okeydokey. I have to admit its nice. However I am looking for a good rich theme, and well I can't seem to find one.

Also because I have backupman, it shows both on my handheld and on my sd card. With that, it shows two icons on the screen. Is there any way to get rid of the other one (short of using obfuscate)

thanks guys
    Back Up Man needs to be installed to both the card and your handheld.

Reason being, if you do a hard reset and want to install without a hotsync you need it installed on the card to do so. Since you've cleared all your data if it's only installed into RAM you can't restore until you reinstall it.

Also, leaving it only on the card prevents the scheduled back up feature from working.

What I do is create a custom tab in Z Launcher. Call it "extra" or something. Then put all the icons for the stuff you don't want to see or don't use in that tab. Then make the tab hidden.

As for Z Launcher themes try this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=theme

There are several more threads just like it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Back Up Man needs to be installed to both the card and your handheld.

Reason being, if you do a hard reset and want to install without a hotsync you need it installed on the card to do so. Since you've cleared all your data if it's only installed into RAM you can't restore until you reinstall it.

Also, leaving it only on the card prevents the scheduled back up feature from working.

What I do is create a custom tab in Z Launcher. Call it "extra" or something. Then put all the icons for the stuff you don't want to see or don't use in that tab. Then make the tab hidden.

As for Z Launcher themes try this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=theme

There are several more threads just like it.
    yeah i know aboot dat but thats not a bad idea about the tabs lol

ahh yes thank you for the thread...i think with Zlauncher and Fonts4OS5 and Fontsmoother it will make my Treo 650 look schick. But oh well I guess then I could get rid of PowerRUN (which is a great program)

i wish people would add more
  4.    #5  
    yeah i know about the palmgear, zztechs and mtdn (i thought those were only for the 600 though)...but thanks for those tc threads...i will see if they're any free sites for themes...although I don't mind paying for one...but of course free is better LOL
  5.    #6  
    wurd up people:

okay so yeah I was starting to like Zlauncher but then when i went out to dinner i saw my Treo preferences get purged...and well Volumecare 3.21 and up and Zlauncher are the only two apps which do so...however this may also be a sign I need to redo my treo (along with my desktop)...so next week i will do it again
    I honestly don't think the loss of preferences reset is a result of Z Launcher.

So many people have had this happen to them, including myself, some several times in one day. I don't think anyone has isolated the cause.
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I honestly don't think the loss of preferences reset is a result of Z Launcher.

So many people have had this happen to them, including myself, some several times in one day. I don't think anyone has isolated the cause.
    No i know..i remember it was random for sure...but then Volumecare 3.21 caused it (only logical explanation)...but i mean it wasnt the cause of the preferences loss, just more of an accessory to..
    I posted a bunch of themes etc below:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=83

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    If you have Butler (depending on what version), it probably caused your Saved Preferences to get corrupted
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."