1.    #1  
    I have a customer that his 650 will not recgonize that he had put a sd card in it. i warrantied his phone and the new one worked fine. now the next day the new treo is doing the same thing. He had downloaded some 3rd party software, but nothing that looks corrupt. Has anyone experienced this befor, or have any ideas of what is going on. Thanks alot.
    Did he format the card on his pc or on the Treo? The version of PalmOS on the 650 only supports FAT16. If the card is formated with FAT32 or NTFS on the desktop, then it won't work on the Treo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Did he format the card on his pc or on the Treo? The version of PalmOS on the 650 only supports FAT16. If the card is formated with FAT32 or NTFS on the desktop, then it won't work on the Treo...

Yes, good point. I did that once too!

It has to be formatted by the Treo NOT his PC.
  4.    #4  
    But the weird thing is that it worked at first, then stoped working only after reloading is apps. My phone will recgonize it when i put it in.
    easy found this one out from another treo...
    there is a sd card driver file that shouldn't be there....
    delete it and all should work.
    i can't remember the name of the file now but it stands out and might even say mmc in the name
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by madcap
    easy found this one out from another treo...
    there is a sd card driver file that shouldn't be there....
    delete it and all should work.
    i can't remember the name of the file now but it stands out and might even say mmc in the name
    yeah one of his programs installed a file called MMC, that was conflicting with the card reader. once i deleted it, the phone worked fine,