1.    #1  
    So I've had the phone for over a week and it seemed pretty flawless.... until now. The two most annoying bugs are these:

1) When dialing, sometimes it sits at "Dialing" for way too long, then when you try to end the call it sits at "Hanging up" and you can't do anything unless you reset.

2) The white screen bug has reared its head. Yesterday and today alone it's happened about 2 or 3 times, where I'd be in the phonebook and I'd dial a number and I'd get a blank white screen for about 10 seconds before it shows up. It hadn't happened once in the past week.5 I've had it.

The 1.12 firmware was installed on it before I purchased it.

The 2nd bug seems to have started yesterday when I had to do a hard reset... I put a screen protector on (purchased from here) and oddly enough I couldn't use the touchscreen anymore... the Treo froze and after a hard reset it still would freeze immediately. When I removed the screen protector everything was fine.

Phone is pretty vanilla... nothing 3rd party outside of Ringo (4.31 i believe), VolumeCare 3.21, Verichat 2.86 maybe. It had 4 MBs free... now it has about 9MB.

Should I try reinstalling the 1.12 firmware? The phone was fine til I had to do that stupid hard reset yesterday.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey

1) When dialing, sometimes it sits at "Dialing" for way too long, then when you try to end the call it sits at "Hanging up" and you can't do anything unless you reset.

I think this may be the same problem that I have. Frequently when dialing telephone numbers from the keypad (not the screen) it searches for a possible contact. When it discovers that none exists for that combination of letters, the letters SSLLOOWWLLY disappear from last entered to first. Then it will allow me to complet the dialing. This can take a few seconds and be annoying. I found the answer to this is to start the number with the screen first. This bypasses the contact search. You can complete the rest of the digits via the keypad if you wish.

I ‘ve heard of latency while dialing, but it was not well defined. Heaven help us if the “Search the Forums First” Nazis find out this was answered elsewhere!
  3.    #3  
    lol I kno right.... I did search be4 I made this post.

I had it set up that way for a little bit, where typing finds a contact, and it seemed to work but sometimes a little slow. But since then I've had a few issues so I've decided to go back to "typing dials number". I miss 4-digit dial from regular cell phones.
    Ringo is known to be buggy. And many, many people have had nothing but trouble with Verichat. Try removing Ringo first. If that doesn't work, you might also change the preferences in the phone app to 'typing dials number' instead of searching the address book.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Ringo is known to be buggy. And many, many people have had nothing but trouble with Verichat. Try removing Ringo first. If that doesn't work, you might also change the preferences in the phone app to 'typing dials number' instead of searching the address book.
    I was going to say the same thing. He has two of the most buggiest programs around. Since giving up on VeriCrash, my Treo has been reset free. Great program when it works though...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I was going to say the same thing. He has two of the most buggiest programs around. Since giving up on VeriCrash, my Treo has been reset free. Great program when it works though...
    Whoa! Dragon Man got hairy in a hurry.
    I did??
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Oh, I get it. I guess I should be flattered that the Famous (or is it infamous) Insertion noticed me.
    One question tho what did I do or say to earn such a dubious "honor"

Cute.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    yea I've since changed that back.

But the question I have is that the problems I've had were not while these programs were running... neither a call nor text message were coming in so why would those two programs have any effect?
    Is there a more stable chat program than Verichat? I need IM on my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    Oh, I get it. I guess I should be flattered that the Famous (or is it infamous) Insertion noticed me.
    One question tho what did I do or say to earn such a dubious "honor"

Cute.
    Here
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I love my Treo 650 but one thing that pisses me off is the conference call feature. Once on conerence call there is no way to hang up the second line once one person leaves the conference. AND after one person leaves there is no way to make another call afterthat because the phone still thinks you are still talking to two other people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    I love my Treo 650 but one thing that pisses me off is the conference call feature. Once on conerence call there is no way to hang up the second line once one person leaves the conference. AND after one person leaves there is no way to make another call afterthat because the phone still thinks you are still talking to two other people.
    Agreed. I can't believe no one has developed a "fix" for this yet...
    I was having resets and problems. I think Ringo is causing your problems. I DL'ed the Beta V4.4 for Ringo and I have not been having resets.