Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I have read the many threads here regarding the "BEST" GPS package and I have settled on the TomTom 5 with the Globalsat BT-338 PS receiver. I do have one question though. I have a Treo 650 and the wife has a Zire72. I know TT5 is compatible with both but will we be able to switch between the two whenever we want or are we limited to one device?

Sometimes we are both on the road and I need my Treo and she would like the GPS. When we are together we will most likely use the Treo. Any advantages to one over the other?

Here's my thoughts:

I would like to keep my Treo freed up for using the phone and Goodlink. The Zire72 screen is larger and my wife has much more free memory than I do.

Any help os appreciated.

One additional question. Is the Globalsat BT-338 the best receiver? How does it compare to the Holux GPSlim236 or the i.Trek M3?
    Last edited by tcatnat; 08/23/2005 at 02:03 PM.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    I found out you get two activation codes. you have to wait around a week after activating the first one before you can activate the second one. Activate the second one the same way you activated the first one.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Great, thanks JohnH59.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    I just pulled out the license agreement, 'cause from what I'd read on this forum and others, the license only covers one device. I'm a lawyer who writes contracts for a living and I'll be damned if I know what the license really means, whoever wrote it should be shot. But I think the intent is for a single device, and having to wait a week for a second code seems consistent with that--second code being for if you upgraded or replaced your device. If the license were for two simultaneous devices, why would you have to wait a week? I leave it to your conscience and intellect to decide for yourself what it means. If someone has an email from TT that says "go ahead and install on a second device without uninstalling the first," please share.