Page 1 of 23 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I just wanted to share with you all that I have been selected as a beta tester for the Treo 650 MobiTV. I can't share it with you guys, but I'll put some comments, pictures or videos about it. I'll keep you posted.

Al
    just got the MobiTV beta program for Treio650...installing it now. Has anyone else got it and installed it yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23
    just got the MobiTV beta program for Treio650...installing it now. Has anyone else got it and installed it yet?
    Not uh ! I signed up for a reminder and didn't get anything.
    Just got it and installed it. The sound on the channels comes up instantly but no pictures are coming up! has anyone noticed this? Maybe you have to wait for five minutes for the frames?

edit: it seems no matter how long I wait, no pictures. Sound does not skip at all though
    I got it as well. Ran outside to test it out(no service in building).
    Pretty cool stuff.
    Where can you get it?
    I cant wait to try it.
    Are they sending it out to a select number?
    I am also very interested in getting the demo. I had MobiTV on my old phone and was missing it on the Treo.
    I got it and it works great on my Sprint Treo 650. From what I understand it was sent to a limited number for Beta testing.
    I have it installed and it works fine, the sound quality is just OK and the res isn't really bad either (loks fine when little movement). Basically its the same as it was on my old sprint phone, with some better channels (ESPN) and larger screen obviously. The interface/skin loks pretty good too. When I go home I want to see if it is real-time, if it shows SPORTSCENTER live then this prgram is def worth it for me.
    Me too please!
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I got it in an email but it won't let me install it on my Treo650. I get an Outlook error that says "the operation failed".
    Does Outlook not play nice with the Palm desktop?
    Last edited by adz1966; 08/23/2005 at 01:42 PM.
    They say you can't give it out, and since they are being cool and letting me beta it for free, I'm not gonna break any of thier rules.

I have Cingular and it runs very well, pictures and sound.
    i installed from from chatter to phone...works fine, lags a bit when signal is not really strong
    As this is a pay-for service, the beta should be shareable without being unethical- right? Just a thought from those on the list but didn't get the beta....
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    It came as an attachment to my beta email.
    Looks great. Sound only thru headphones. Anyone get it working w/the Treo speaker?

And of course, since it is a continuous stream of data, all calls go to voicemail while using it.
    *Falls over and dies because he didn't get the beta notice*
    anyone have any idea how long the beta will work for?
    *starts whimpering slowly, than faster until it becomes a hysteria*
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken
    It came as an attachment to my beta email.
    Looks great. Sound only thru headphones. Anyone get it working w/the Treo speaker?

And of course, since it is a continuous stream of data, all calls go to voicemail while using it.
    Worked with my speaker with no configuration. Also supported the left side volume control.
    I just received it, too, via special email. I had signed up for the beta test. Installed it and watching MSNBC, CNBC, Weather Channel. Install/hotsync went smoothly. I do get some pause/buffering once in a while... but otherwise good.
    Communications is the toughest thing we do.
    unlocked Cingular (GSM) Treo 650, 1.51 firmware, 1.17 CNG software
Page 1 of 23 12345611 ... LastLast