Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    I also got mine this morning at 10am, downloaded PRC via Snappermail and worked! I also have it runing off my SD card via ZLauncher. Some channels are choppy, but it works. This is going to be a fun beta....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    <merged>
    where do you sign up at for the beta?
    Hi all,

I've got the beta email from MobiTV but it says it is for US testing only :-(
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I find it works very well. Sound is great.Video is also very clear when the images are basically still (i.e., sitting newscaster). Video is choppy when there is action on the screen.

Sadly no shopping channel :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza
    Deleted both Express and eReader. Soft reset the unit and MobiTV still didn't work (video is fine, just no audio).

I went ahead and deleted MobiTV. I resynched the beta PRC (I figure whatever went wrong probably happened during installation). Launched it, it installed.. then... still no sound!

Must not be conflict between those apps. I better restore them off the card.
    I have both Express and eReader, sound worked right out of the box.

Cheers, Perry.
    I agree with everyone . . . this has got to be the hottest new app to hit the Treo world since Chatter and Verichat!! :-)
    Oh ... and if we can use our Sprint Vision credit EVEN BETTER!! Wahoo!!
    Can all, or most, or even some of MobiTV reside on the SD card?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportsCRX
    It was an e-mail sent to us around 3-4 weeks ago to peolple that had signed up on their Web site over the last 6 months or so wanting to be notified when the product became available for the Treo 650. . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportsCRX
    No worries, you can still sign up

Go to Mobitv.com and sign up. Make sure you give them your correct information. You should have the beta within a few hours.

Enjoy!

Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Can all, or most, or even some of MobiTV reside on the SD card?
    I've moved MobiTV to my SD card and have not came across any problems...
    A quickie: Spent a little more time watching, while comparing the feed to "live" tv (not really live, since that is fed through MCE2005). Interestingly, the signal is running a minute or two behind the terrestrial signal...

Also, whenever I exit the app by actually going to the menu and choosing "exit", it emits an irritating "ding" as it closes. If I just jump to another app via a button, no "ding"....odd?
    I like it as well. Its pretty smooth. I wish I could watch something I would enjoy more tho, like music videos or something. Maybe even a live game here or there. But I doubt it. Its a cool program tho.

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

Alternate Phone- Motorola Razr V3 (silver)
    Quote Originally Posted by delta_baggage
    A quickie: Spent a little more time watching, while comparing the feed to "live" tv (not really live, since that is fed through MCE2005). Interestingly, the signal is running a minute or two behind the terrestrial signal...

Also, whenever I exit the app by actually going to the menu and choosing "exit", it emits an irritating "ding" as it closes. If I just jump to another app via a button, no "ding"....odd?

Just a thought . . . . if you exit by just going to another app, make sure the network get's released by the MobiTV app. . . . or you may get battery turbo drain. . . .
    Somebody want to post the prc so we can all try it out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    I've moved MobiTV to my SD card and have not came across any problems...
    What's the memory required?

Does it need Java?

does it need lots of dbCache?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    No sh*t!!!!! I have been calling MobiTV HQ for about a year now and they said they would call me!

Just spoke with them and they and that the official release should be out mid-September!
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    What's the memory required?

Does it need Java?

does it need lots of dbCache?

The .prc is 637kb
    I have 5mb of free internal memory.
    I do not have Java installed.

Showing my ignorance: what's dbCache and how do I look up how much I have and how much is being used by this app?

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I got my MobiTV email. Good thing I noticed the comotion on the forum. The email was trapped in my SPAM filter and I might not have noticed it.

I have bluetooth 'reverse DUN' set up on my work PC as well as a server at home so it's interesting to run it over a bluetooth (connection) in addition to running over EDGE (Cingular.) Although I haven't noticed one bit of difference in performance between the two except that the channel changing an buffer loads faster on the bluetooth connection.
    I've been trying to get MobiTV to work over reverse DUN, but have had no luck. I tested my connection just to make sure it's working- and it is. However, MobiTV just shows "receiving signal" and never tunes into a station..
    <br>
    They have really outdone themselves with this app. Its amazing. I have had it since yesterday.So far the app has settled an arguement between friends about a how the Twins scored against my Sox,brought the line at Blockbuster to a complete standstill with adoring(maybe future Treo customers) Treo + MobileTV fans, and kept me away from Madden '06 for about 3 hours.If that ain't amazing I don't know what is. Props to MobileTV!

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

Alternate Phone- Motorola Razr V3 (silver)
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast