Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Just discovered the message that kept popping up every minute on the device. I turned the power off and turned it back on (which cleared the video from the screen) and I got a "MobiTV Error" - "Overflow in sound buffer!".

How much space do you have free? I've only got 7 megs. I'm about to free up some more and see if that does the trick.
    Here are two suggestions I just sent to MobiTV:

- Add a "Favorites" page where user can use as the default screen which contains only their favorite channels. The Treo 650 has a built-in "Favorites" page in the phone app which works really well. Something like this for MobiTV would be awesome. That way user does not have to scroll through so many channels or pages.

- Give the ability to change channels using the number keys on the device. For example, if I'm watching CNET, and I want to watch ESPN, I would like to press 0-9 to get to that channel. This simulates the TV remote and the way people change channels.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform
    Anyone know how Mobi-MLB GAMEDAY AUDIO works?

No Gameday audio at this time. They said it may follow, but not this season
    Does ESPN come in for anyone, I keep getting a 404 error
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Yup, it's fine for me. No error.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Worked for me earlier, but now I am also getting the 404 error.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform
    Worked for me earlier, but now I am also getting the 404 error.
    Ditto.
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    This is freakin' sweet. As was said before, got the email in Chatter, installed, and watching TV in a few minutes. I love my Treo even more now
    FYI, it appears to install an "older" version on pnoJpegLib which is also used by QuickNews for displaying inline images in News feeds. When I jumped over to QN, it told me I now had an older version installed, so reinstalling the latest version.

EDIT-- reinstalled latest version of that file and no MobiTV won't start saying the Jpeg library not found

Looks like it doesn't like the new CreatorID which is not associated with MobiTv
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I kinda wish user is still able to receive incoming calls while watching MobiTV, but I guess that's not possible since it's constantly using data connection. Oh well, can't have everything.
    Just got someone on the line @ mobitv. They are getting swamped with phone calls and will NOT send out any more beta files. I reminded the guy helping me that it is a good thing Treo users want this.

Oh well. I will just get in line like everyone else (even though I'm signed up for the beta program).
    Last edited by ericshmerick; 08/23/2005 at 03:31 PM.
    Here is a complete list of my third party applications on my Treo 650. If you don't have sound, please let me know if you are running any of these third party applications:

AnotherBall
    Audible
    Backup
    BlueJacker
    ChessGenius
    Dataviz Tech
    DBCacheTool
    Discovery
    eReader
    Express
    FileZ
    Frobnitz
    HandZipperLite
    LJP
    Minutes PLUS
    MobiTV
    PalmVNC
    RLock
    SiEd
    SoftReset
    SoundOff
    SplashID
    SplashMoney
    TAC (TreoAreaCodes)
    Toccer
    TreoHelper
    UDMH
    +Plus, all of the standard Treo 650 Palm OS apps.
    Maybe we can figure out which, if any, is creating a conflict.
    Hey, I'll list ALL my apps if we get some more posters, but for now, these are the apps that we have in common:
    ereader
    express
    filez
    handzipperlite
    mobitv (sorta!)

I hope we can figure this out!
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    Hey, I'll list ALL my apps if we get some more posters, but for now, these are the apps that we have in common:
    ereader
    express
    filez
    handzipperlite
    mobitv (sorta!)

Of those, the only one I don't have is express and MobiTV works on my Treo.
    Also, incase it matters, on Sprint. Y'all on one of the other providers?
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    ereader
    express
    filez
    handzipperlite
    mobitv (sorta!)

Wow! I didn't figure that any of those would cause a conflict. Hmmm.. Might be Express or eReader.

I'll try deleting them and see what happens.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    I got the beta for mobitv and it works well. I haven't figured out whether watching tv on my treo is worth it, but I have the software for two weeks to try it out. There are none of my regular chanels -- mainly news stuff, but the thing doesn't take up too much memory.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Cross filez off the list. I have it on my Treo and MobiTV works fine for me.
    Good luck.
    WAHOOO!! I got the beta too!

So far it works well. The video is kinda choppy and the quality isn't as good as I thought it was though. however it's better than nothing. Some channel seem easier to connect to than others though...perhaps too much demand? Anyway, will report back later with more input...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Received the download. Works great on Verizon Treo 650 v1.12. Some buffering problems but could be due to low signal strength. Video seems to be behind my directv connection by about 1 minute
    Oh hell, here's my list (it's exhaustive, afaikafaikafaik):
    Butler
    Card Export
    Converter
    Directory Assistance
    Easynotes
    eReader
    Express
    Filez
    HandZipperLite
    Java
    Initiate