Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    This is incredible. I am going to need a new battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by supershawn
    OK, just got my beta email from MobiTV. It's a forward, and their is no attachment.
    You have to admit, it was pretty fast though. Going to reply and see if they resend it.

Email had a similar sounding disclaimer to what you guys posted....~~2 weeks, do not distribute, etc.
    Did you call/email them and request it? I emailed...and I wait....
    Treo 650 w/ sprint

Mine works great - sound is a bit scratchy and the picture is ok. The picture and sound were better on the music channels. Can't wait to try a baseball game tonight on mlb.com.

The application doesn't take up much space but I am going to try to run it from the sd card and see what happens. I have had no problems at all yet. 5-way works good. Switches from channels easily.

I only have one bar here. Does the picture quality depend on how good your reception is?

I watched it for about 10 minitutes and lost about 10% battery. Anyone run it totally out yet?

Anyway, I like it so far.
    I LOVE it!!!!!!!!

Works prefectly - What a great day!
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza
    It should work for two weeks according to the email.

It looks great to me, except I don't get any sound. I'm going to try and reboot and see if that fixes the problem. Also, after about a minute, a dialog box pops up and stops the video. Anyone else get this? I think it's a demo limitation.

Very slick interface for this app!!! I can't wait for the full version!

Check if you turned off ringer sound on top of the phone. I had mine off and had forgotten about it.
    Sent this feedback to the MobiTV email address included in the email:

First, many thanks for the inclusion on this beta.

The install worked perfectly the very first time by following the instructions included in the invitation email: Save the *.prc file, Sync using the Palm Desktop, Run the installer from the device.

The sound quality from the Treo speaker is clear and loud, and responds nicely to the volume control on the side of the device. MobiTV was automatically tuned to MSNBC on first running, and the initial framerate left a little to be desired. The audio seemed in line with the speaker's voices, but the image was very distored. After doing some channel surfing I did notice an increase in video quality, but the pixelation increased proportionally with the amount of movement on the screen.

Overall Im satisfied with this application and look forward to continuing to participate in the beta as long as possible. If there are specific exercises MobiTV would like the beta testers to partake in, please dont hesitate to email instructions.
    .salvatore
    general nonsense - http://www.palmisanonet.com/
    psn radio - http://www.palmisanonet.com:9875
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Did you call/email them and request it? I emailed...and I wait....

I called them. See my earlier post for the phone number (or just go to the company page on MobiTV.com). Go to extention 300 (customer service) and tell them you want the beta. My email came (sans attachment) within 15 minutes. I would give you the email address but it is a persons name, not just a shared address (sales, support, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    How come noone will post the attachment here for others to use? Seems pretty unsportman like. Is there some disclaimer in the e-mail that tells you guys NOT to share the program? Is the file too large? What gives guys?
    No one wants to lose thier free beta.
    This beta is intended for the recipient of this email only and cannot be forwarded to any else.
    Mobi TV is $9.99 a month but it says on there sight you can use the vision $10 a month discount to pay for this . WHat is that . Is that correct that you get a discount from sprint with vison that you can apply to this???

This is what I got from Sprints web site . Does this mean we can apply this to Mobi tv and get Mobi Tv for free at sprint??

PCS Vision Premium Pack $15 per month
    Perfect for people who want to download ringers, games, screensavers and other services.

Unlimited PCS Vision access
    Unlimited Web (news, weather, sports, entertainment, plus many more)
    Unlimited Messaging (including text messaging and email)
    Up to a $10 credit per month towards the download of premium services (ringers, games, screensavers and other services)
    Quote Originally Posted by salvatore
    Sent this feedback to the MobiTV email address included in the email:
    <snip>
    If there are specific exercises MobiTV would like the beta testers to partake in, please dont hesitate to email instructions.
    They do...in about two weeks, they want you to excercise your wallet and fork out about 9.99 a month.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    For those that didn't get the beta(yet?). I got this response this afternoon from a request I sent yesterday about when the software would be out.

It is right around the corner. We expect to launch commercially on Sprint in the first week or two of September, and on other carriers shortly thereafter.

Thanks for your interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken
    For those that didn't get the beta(yet?). I got this response this afternoon from a request I sent yesterday about when the software would be out.
    Meinken- try calling them, worked for me.
    Don't bother calling them. They aren't sending it out any more. Consider yourself lucky supershawn.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Just got the email, installing now...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I'm on hold...they must be swamped. I keep getting dumped to voicemail....
    So would you guys say that the Treo 650 does not qualify for the "High Frame-Rate Experience" on MobiTV? And if so why would that be?
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Don't bother calling them. They aren't sending it out any more. Consider yourself lucky supershawn.
    I am not lucky yet- my email came without the actual attachment (unless my employer stripped it off, used my work email). I have not gotten a reply to my request for resend yet.

Did you call them and they denied you? Sorry to hear that.

Sounds like the production version will be rolling out in a few weeks. Oddly enough, I kept my Nokia 6620 from my old provider just for MobiTV. I was planning on switching out the sim to watch tv or if I had problems with my Treo (I just got my Treo and I am just getting used to it). Looks like that will be my only option if they don't resend.

Shawn
    just got it, works perfectly
    Meh, called like 5 times, sent to voicemail each time. Guess they aren't answering any more calls. I left a message, but don't think they will respond. Oh well, at least they know they have a hot product on their hands. I'd love to try it (used Mobitv in the past, been waiting for Treo compatible version!!).

I don't see what the big deal is. It expires in 2 weeks. Why are they so selective about it? I mean, this board is such a small portion of the Treo community, why wouldn't they want everyone to test it? Anyway, back to work. It's probably already on usenet anyway
    Wonder what's causing my video to not show up. no one else has the problem and two of the developers have told me no one has experienced it over there either. I've reset my device numerous times.

Here's some applications I have:
    Butler
    UDMH (disabled and enabled)
    PXA Clocker (disabled and enabled)

anyone using any of these?
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast