Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223 LastLast
    I got it working again. I did a delete and re-downloaded it/re-installed it and it works. Something must have been corrupted. If forgot that it's an installer not just a .PRC (which I restored from a back-up previously) so something might have been missing.
    MobiTV never replied to my email requesting beta testing. Can anyone lead me to a .prc, or is that 'illegal'?

Yes, it's probably already been discussed in this thread, but I haven't read through it all yet.

I want to check it out before T-Mobile cuts me off <hehe>

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusbliss
    MobiTV never replied to my email requesting beta testing. Can anyone lead me to a .prc, or is that 'illegal'?

Yes, it's probably already been discussed in this thread, but I haven't read through it all yet.

I want to check it out before T-Mobile cuts me off <hehe>

Greg
    The folks at Mobi asked that the beta testers not share the beta .prc file.
    FYI.....It's available.

http://www.mobitv.com/treo.html
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    That is with handmark and they charge your credit card $10 a month. How do you get it added to your sprint bill so you can take advantage of the credits that sprint gives?
    Looks like the only way to get it is using handmark so no discount. From there own page. Is not worth $10 a month No Discount. .

Billing Questions

Billing for MobiTV on the Treo 650 is handled by our vending partner, Handmark. Please contact Handmark customer care: support@Handmark.com
    Well I signed up. Call me a sucker, but I whined for months about wanting it. It's time for me to put my money where my mouth is.
    I already had a handmark express account from the free Handmark Express weather 1 year subscription that came with the Treo when I got it.
    The release version has just a couple of UI tweaks, otherwise it's pretty much the same thing.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    Looks like the only way to get it is using handmark so no discount. From there own page. Is not worth $10 a month No Discount. .

Billing Questions

Billing for MobiTV on the Treo 650 is handled by our vending partner, Handmark. Please contact Handmark customer care: support@Handmark.com
    I would almost guarantee that Sprint's "Sprint TV" is the reason they no longer offer the vision spending discount toward MobiTV. Why pay an outside company for a service when you now have your own competing product?
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    I know it says only Cingular, Spring and Verizon but has anyone tried it with Tmobile?

Is it just the prc file and it should work or does it go through the carrier somehow?
    I'm on Cingular, but I also have a T-Mobile SIM (T-Mobile Internet) for my laptop EDGE card. So I have both.
    MobiTV runs great on Cingular. If I switch to the T-Mobile SIM it disables all of the channels in the channel guide except the demo channel.
    Sorry, it's using the SIM or the registered GSM network to figure out I'm on T-Mobile and intentionally disabling. The program still runs, it just won't let you watch any channels.

You can download it from here and install it:
    http://www.handmark.com/downloads/mo..._installer.prc
    This is the URL to the PRC. If you download it and don't have an account yet, you can watch the MobiTV demo channel and there's a "buy" button on the UI.
    Just install it and press the "cancel" button when it asks you for your user ID/password.
    So you can test it out before you buy it, but do not subscribe to it if you have T-Mobile. It knows somehow and I don't think it's through the carrier's data network because I've also tried this using "reverse Bluetooth DUN" as my network and I still have the same issue (won't work on TMobile but works on Cingular.)
    I'm pretty sure it's the SIM registration somehow because if I run MobitTV right after I turn on the phone, it'll work with the T-Mobile SIM. But if I wait about 30 seconds before I run MobiTV, it'll run with the channels all disabled.

So no T-Mobile.

NOTE: I initially posted that it worked on T-Mobile (Note Treo_Bandit says "music to my ears.") Treo_Bandit subscribed and contacted me because it wasn't working. All he could watch was the demo channel. As I tested it out more with the two SIMs I discovered that I was just switching the SIMs so darn fast MobiTV hadn't caught on to the fact that I was on T-Mobile yet, so it briefly worked on T-Mobile, but after a while it'll stop working. If I never had a Cingular SIM, it never would have worked. I edited this post to what is says now (that it does not work on T-Mobile.)
    I hope I didn't cause anyone else to subscribe.
    Last edited by taylorh; 09/08/2005 at 03:30 AM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    taylorh,

thanks man...i really appreciate it. Music to my ears man. Cant wait to use it.
    FYI, while trying to get it to unregister with my account (to see if the demo mode worked) I deleted the following two 'unsaved preferences':
    Unknown [PSYs,5412]
    Unknown [PSYs,5413]
    (Using Resco Explorer. If you don't know what I'm talking about don't worry about it.)
    This made MobiTV 'forget' my account info (so I could see if there was a demo mode, for my previous post.) However when re-entering my login ID/Password it said "this is account is in use on another device"
    It appearently creates a key on the device that matches one on Handmark's Server.
    The fix is to log in to your account at http://my.handmark.com/ and under "account profile" select "Reset Device ID". This can be done right on the Treo as well by selecing the "About" box as instructed by the same message (that it's already in use.) This is done so two people can't use the same account, obviously.

I only mention it because you'll need to do this if you ever hard-reset the Treo and install MobiTV from scratch without doing any kind of restore from backup.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Does anyone know if i can cancel anytime? Or...
    You can canel any time. It bills your credit card monthly (monthly auto-renew) and at any time you can stop auto-renewal. It doesn't appear you can cancel immediately and get a pro-rated discount for the month, though. At least not without contacting them and asking them directly.

MobiTV Monthly Subscription for Treo 650
    Billed to MasterCard **************** Exp **/****
    Next Scheduled billing date is 10/08/05.
    Update Billing | Cancel Subscription | Download

<Click 'Cancel Subscription'>
    You are canceling future billing on your MobiTV Monthly Subscription for Palm OS. Your subscription will expire on 10/08/05 and you will not be billed for future service.
    Last edited by taylorh; 09/08/2005 at 03:33 AM.
    Thanks alot for taking the time... I guess i missed that part of the website.
    I just got it....man this is toooooo cool. If the price of it was a little lower, i think every treo owner should have this. Totally completes the package!!!
    I just bought it as well. Since you are not locked into a long-term contract, I figure I'll give it a shot and cancel if I don't like it. At the worst, I'll be out $10 for the month I cancel - no big deal.
    It would be nice if they had a pay as you go method.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Man, I downloaded the trial and did not put in my name or SN. Then I purchased it and put in my reg. info. Now I still can't get any channels except the promo. I have deleted and reinstalled it and tried "reseting" my device from Handmark. Any ideas?

Oh I might have jumped on this too quick. I was looking in one of the posts above and it said Verizon. Now when I look at the Mobi site, it says Verizon Dom. Republic and Puerto Rico. Guess it's not available for Verizon US.
    Last edited by gapost; 09/08/2005 at 10:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    It would be nice if they had a pay as you go method.
    I misread the small print. It looks like their billing practice as it relates to cancelling is pretty fair and is close to pay-as-you go. If anything, pay-as-you-go would probably be expensive considering the amount of data being used. When you cancel the service, you are allowed to continue using it through the billing period for which you've paid. Here's the exact text:

Note: You purchased the MobiTV Monthly Subscription so your credit card will be automatically charged for the next month of service, 30 days from the date you purchased. You may cancel your MobiTV subscription at anytime. Canceling your subscription will discontinue future automatic billing of MobiTV but you will be able use MobiTV through the end of your current billing period.