Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    I have no problem moving it after it is installed in RAM. I do use Zlauncher, don't know if that is why but I have no problem.
    Thanks Dragonman, however I was never able to understand Zlaunder so it's not on my Treo. I had tried to move it with FileZ but it's locked there too.

I guess I can reinstall it to the card with Hotsync instead.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz
    Those who are getting resets should be emailing treobeta@mobitv.com

If you're going to beta, at least have the common courtesy to give them FEEDBACK!
    Agreed. I've given them a very positive review of my experience. Here's what I discussed as "cons" or my personal wish list:

1. The "Are You Still There" nag message comes on too quickly.
    2. The battery life is SUCKED from the device (around 1% per ~2 minutes)
    3. I wish it had full screen capabilities. I'm always distracted by apps controls when trying to watch video.
    4. DVR capabilities- pause, rewind, record!
    5. The $10/mo. plan- I wish there were a cheaper plan or better yet a plan where you could pick and choose channel lineups. For $5/mo. I'll sign up in a heartbeat, but $10 just might be enough to make me run for a real TV.
    <br>
    I have looked into the Smartvideo solution for Pocketpc and Nokia Smartphones and it works well even on 2.5g networks @ 14fps much better than the MobiTV experience. They have the Palm application launching shortly I think. There website is www.smartvideo.com and may be worth a look.

AF
    Quote Originally Posted by AppForgeTreo
    I have looked into the Smartvideo solution for Pocketpc and Nokia Smartphones and it works well even on 2.5g networks @ 14fps much better than the MobiTV experience. They have the Palm application launching shortly I think. There website is www.smartvideo.com and may be worth a look.

AF
    Although the Treo is not included as to date, here is the Pricing for Smartvideo:

> Basic Service - $12.95/month

Premium Channels
    > DIC Entertainment - $4.95/month
    > Girls Gone Wild - $4.95/month
    > Naked News - $6.95/month
    > Rascals Comedy Classics - $3.95/month

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Although the Treo is not included as to date, here is the Pricing for Smartvideo:

> Basic Service - $12.95/month

Premium Channels
    > DIC Entertainment - $4.95/month
    > Girls Gone Wild - $4.95/month
    > Naked News - $6.95/month
    > Rascals Comedy Classics - $3.95/month
    GeekyMom,
    I have used the SmartVideo and MobiTV and the SmartVideo app is superior. The frame rates are almost tv like. I saw thi running on a Nokia series 60 phone 6620 and it was great. Not a cheap service though. When Palm is ready it should be able to run on the 600/650/T5/LifeDrive. Since I have a 600 through Cingular I will be very pleased.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Thanks Dragonman, however I was never able to understand Zlaunder so it's not on my Treo. I had tried to move it with FileZ but it's locked there too.

I guess I can reinstall it to the card with Hotsync instead.

It should still let you copy it to the card. I used FileZ to copy to the SD card then went to the regular palm Delete menu and removed MobiTV from the phone. Works just fine off the Card
    Quote Originally Posted by AppForgeTreo

AF
    Hmmm.... I think I still prefer MobiTV's channel listings. However the Naked News would be kewl.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    AppForge, I like the idea of selecting channels. Just hope they add more to choose from. It will be nice to do a comparison when the Treo version is available to the quality of video's.

P.S. Are they saying premium + extra channels? If so, that's a deal killer for me.

Anyone know when SmartVideo will run on the Treo 650? I would love to try it out.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    My MobiTV icon mysteriously disappeared from my list of applications in zLauncher...

I can still get into it by exiting zLauncher because the application appears in the palm launcher.

I'm not sure what happened?

It isn't a "hidden" application, and I've tried soft resetting. How do I get the icon back?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Anyone know when SmartVideo will run on the Treo 650? I would love to try it out.
    I am not sure but all can try them out for a week at no charge. And with 30-40 channels available I think it will have more than the MobiTV application. We will see, I cannot wait to try both and choose myself.

Last edited by AppForgeTreo; 09/01/2005 at 03:53 PM.
    so I'll ask one more time... does MobiTV run on T-Mobiles' network or just the CDMA networks? I've received no response from MobiTV or seen any details in this forum (and yes, I'll keep searching).

Next question is - are the beta testing still available? Again, I get no response from MobiTV.

Thanks,

Greg
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I used it on Cingular, so no, it is not only CDMA.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusbliss
    so I'll ask one more time... does MobiTV run on T-Mobiles' network or just the CDMA networks? I've received no response from MobiTV or seen any details in this forum (and yes, I'll keep searching).

Next question is - are the beta testing still available? Again, I get no response from MobiTV.

Thanks,

Greg
    i ran it on tmo.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusbliss

Thanks,

Greg
    It will work on T-Mobile. The beta work on any network for that matter. I've run it on my Treo using a bluetooth network access point (aka reverse bluetooth DUN) over broadband from my treo not even using the cell network. Based on the way the sales and billing is done on the production product, I'm not sure if I'll be able to do this with the release version since it may use my phone number to somehow authenticate my subscription. I simply don't know yet.
    However, the product is not offered or sold through T-Mobile.
    See this URL: http://www.mobitv.com/get/index.html
    MobiTV is currently sold through the various wireless carriers. Cingular will bill me $10 to my phone bill to use MobiTV and I don't see any way to subscribe directly to MobiTV without going through the carrier.

The beta, by the way was supposed to be for 2-3 weeks so I assume it'll end in the next 7 days.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    OK, thanks. So, MobiTV folks never replied to my request for beta. I'll search this forum for someone with the prc, but is the beta really still available? hmmmmm...

Yeah, looks like Sprint and Cingular only - at least as far as marketing on the site. It probably runs on all networks, but is dealing with licensing or some other marketing strategy of some sort.

Thanks again,

Greg
    I think MobiTV beta ended today. When I fire up MobiTV I get nothing but a white screen, signal strenght bars, and battery meter. I get no UI or NOTHING.
    I even did a hard-reset and re-installed MobiTV to make sure it wasn't conflicting with another app, but same thing.
    It would have been nice if it ran and at least put up a message "Beta period has expired" or something rather than just hanging on a white screen.

Am I the only one that is having this experience?
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I think MobiTV beta ended today. When I fire up MobiTV I get nothing but a white screen, signal strenght bars, and battery meter. I get no UI or NOTHING.
    I even did a hard-reset and re-installed MobiTV to make sure it wasn't conflicting with another app, but same thing.
    It would have been nice if it ran and at least put up a message "Beta period has expired" or something rather than just hanging on a white screen.

Am I the only one that is having this experience?
    still works for me.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    still working for me too
    they told me it may end this week but there will be links on how to sign up. Mine is still working