Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 445
  1. #361  
    Dear Mr. Copperfield:

    Use undelete.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  2. #362  
    I was a little skeptical about watching TV on my treo...but now I am a believer. Mobitv guys did a great job with their app. It is easy to use, relatively good picture quality, and stable. It can only get better from here.

    Good work, Mobitv.
  3. #363  
    I was checking out MobiTV's website and I thought it would be really cool if you could pick and choose the channels you wanted. I am with Cingular and they don't offer G4 TechTV, ShortsTV or The Cartoon network. Those are some channels I would be interested in. I would probably pay for it when it becomes available for the Treo 650 if I was able to choose a limited amount of channels to watch. I know this is most likely the Cingular's choice then MobiTV's decision, but it would really make it more worth paying for nonetheless.
  4. #364  
    Hey, has anyone noticed a decrease in sound quality today? I used to have to turn the volume down and listen on 2 or 3, but today it sounds like watching TV while eating Potato Chips For what it's worth, I haven't installed anything new, and without VolumeCare I can barely hear it...
    <a href="http://www.wapswap.com/">
    <img src="http://wapswap.com/blog/images/logo_only.jpg" border="0"></a>
    built for easy acess
  5. jlczl's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    #365  
    I can't believe how self-righteous some of you who received the beta are. To the point of requesting people getting banned! Come on, some folks just want to try it out. (as you would if you hadn't received the beta)
    At any rate, I'm not sure this is going to be worth $10 a month. While the quality isn't horrible, it surely isn't good enough for much more than a few minutes of viewing. (which is good because it is quite a battery hog) A spare battery or car charger is a MUST if you plan on using this app.
    One thing I noticed after installing it is that my 650 is waking up at random now and it won't turn off until I do it manually. As soon as I deleted the app it stopped doing this. Anyone else?
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

    Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  6. #366  
    Its not being self-righteous. if you read the post the Editor of this site asked everyone to not ask for the file and deleted coperfields original post where he asked for it and coperfield posted again asking for it disrespecting JHromadka . That is a slap in the editors face. nothing more to it than that.
    If I was the editor here would be pissed. Aslo Mobi Tv even came on here and asked people to respect there policy and that was totally ignored.
  7. #367  
    the slap in the face was the mod deleting MY post and not othe other 5 people who asked for it...
  8. #368  
    Have anybody tried to use mobitv via reverse dun? I have tried it, but no luck.
  9. #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by tahkuct
    Have anybody tried to use mobitv via reverse dun? I have tried it, but no luck.
    Yes, it's working well. The quality isn't any better, but the initial "connecting" buffer fill is a lot faster.
    In my particular case I'm using SoftickPPP on the PC rather than windows network sharing, but that should make no difference.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  10. #370  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Yes, it's working well. The quality isn't any better, but the initial "connecting" buffer fill is a lot faster.
    In my particular case I'm using SoftickPPP on the PC rather than windows network sharing, but that should make no difference.

    I am using windows network sharing and have no luck. It gives me error connecting
  11. #371  
    my mobitv was working fine up until today. I opened it up today and i'm not getting any sound from any channel. has anyone else experienced this today?
  12. #372  
    Quote Originally Posted by plur2000
    my mobitv was working fine up until today. I opened it up today and i'm not getting any sound from any channel. has anyone else experienced this today?
    This fixed it for me (Don't forget the soft reset):

    Originally Posted by Crowza
    FIX FOR USERS WHO CAN'T HEAR SOUND
    ==============================
    Simply go into your applications, select "Delete" from the pulldown menu. Search for the file "StatusBarLib" and delete it. Soft reset the Treo and it will work fine!

    Apparently "StatusBarLib.prc" is a support file for T3 users. Somehow I got it installed on my Treo. I'm sure this is probably the problem everyone else is running into as well.

    This will fix the sound without having to do a hard reset.

    Enjoy!
  13. #373  
    Quote Originally Posted by tahkuct
    Have anybody tried to use mobitv via reverse dun? I have tried it, but no luck.
    I've had no luck, either. It hangs on "receiving signal" and never returns. I'd love to get this to work, so I can have TV running while I'm at work
    <br>
  14. #374  
    thanks uluru. iv'e got my sound back.
  15. #375  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    The study proves that it's better to be a female in the geek world (or at least have a female avatar).
    No, I don't think that is accurate.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  16. #376  
    Here's my two cents so far on Mobi:

    I love the technology and potential. This is one of the most sophiticated multimedia apps build on Palm today. To stream A/V to the device with the bandwidth on a phone is just unbelievable! I'm truly impressed.

    Now for the downside.

    $10 a month is going to kill this product. To date, most subscription based products on PDA's has failed or have very low subscribers. People just don't want to have yet another bill built into a credit card. I may consider paying a yearly or lifetime fee but I just hate subscriptions. If Tivo never created a lifetime service, I may never had bought my three TiVos.

    The content is a concern. To me this is like watching traditional TV, I can't choose to watch a specific show when I want and I even have to watch commercials. Maybe an On-Demand type service would be of interest.

    I would love to hear a partnership with SlingBox. I don't own a SlingBox but that's because of two things: It didn't play on my Treo or to other SlingBoxes. This would be the only service I may consider to pay monthly on because it ties my TiVo life to my Mobile life. Not to promote SlingBox but if MobiTV could do this, then I'd be able to access my TiVo shows plus my home's music and photo collection. This to me would be the true killer service.

    Mobi has done a great first step, I just hope the funding doesn't go dry before better services could be added....
  17. meinken's Avatar
    Posts
    214 Posts
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    #377  
    Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    Here's my two cents so far on Mobi:

    I love the technology and potential. This is one of the most sophiticated multimedia apps build on Palm today. To stream A/V to the device with the bandwidth on a phone is just unbelievable! I'm truly impressed.

    Now for the downside.

    $10 a month is going to kill this product. To date, most subscription based products on PDA's has failed or have very low subscribers. People just don't want to have yet another bill built into a credit card. I may consider paying a yearly or lifetime fee but I just hate subscriptions. If Tivo never created a lifetime service, I may never had bought my three TiVos.

    The content is a concern. To me this is like watching traditional TV, I can't choose to watch a specific show when I want and I even have to watch commercials. Maybe an On-Demand type service would be of interest.

    I would love to hear a partnership with SlingBox. I don't own a SlingBox but that's because of two things: It didn't play on my Treo or to other SlingBoxes. This would be the only service I may consider to pay monthly on because it ties my TiVo life to my Mobile life. Not to promote SlingBox but if MobiTV could do this, then I'd be able to access my TiVo shows plus my home's music and photo collection. This to me would be the true killer service.

    Mobi has done a great first step, I just hope the funding doesn't go dry before better services could be added....
    It's not just you, but I've noticed in a few messages in this thread, that people don't seem to realize that this is not a new product, just designed for the Treo.
    It has been in existence for at least 2 years for Java multimedia phones(from Samsung, Sanyo, and others) and has been available thru Sprint, as Sprint TV.
    On Sprint, most or all (depending on which Vision Service you have) of the cost will be paid with a credit from Sprint, and on other carriers, MobiTv will be billed on your phone bill, not as an additional subscription on your credit card.
    Although, in its infancy, the improvements from initial content and quality is enormous.
    Last edited by Meinken; 08/29/2005 at 07:24 PM.
  18. #378  
    Just RELEASE the damn thing already!!!!! This is killing me!!!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  19. #379  
    I am anxious to try this out myself. It would come in handy when I am at the gym. I am looking forward to the release to check it out.
  20. #380  
    For those of you beta testing MobiTV - have you noticed any slow down during the last 24 hours? Thought that many people might be tuning in for hurricance Katrina coverage, putting additional stress on their server. Just wondering if it had any affect.

Posting Permissions